Mix Recall Crashing Cakewalk?

John Vere

Never had this happen before. Not that I use Mix recall a lot but I'm making backing tracks from my finished originals and so I save mixes that have the Guitars and Vocal buses muted as well as I turn up the Drums and keys a little bit. I think the issue was because on one project I noticed Addictive Keys was off center so I swapped it for True Piano's which is centered properly. I saved the mix exported it and when I tried to return to the Original Master Mix I had saved as Mix 1 it crashed. 

So is this expected? In other words Mix recall hates any changes to tracks? Like instruments or different effects??? 

Obviously, a crash isn't expected. So, you saved a mix from a project containing a synth, then replaced the synth and then tried to apply the saved mix to the new project?
If its crashing thats a bug. I would expect it to apply the mix from the old mix recall setting but ignore the new synth. If you choose to ignore effects in the mix recall settings when applying the preset does it work ok?

Please try and reproduce it with the same steps and see if it still crashes. If so please send the dump file.

Thanks I’ll see if it does this on a different project.

It might just be the one project dong this.  but other than muting buses and minor fader changes the only major change was I inserted True Pianos as a simple instrument track. Dragged the midi data to it and deleted AD Piano which was a split instrument track.
Possibly if I had just replaced AD piano as a split track it might have been ok. I’ll try that too. 
I seem to remember Mix Recall works best when nothing changes other than mixing and effect settings. Not sure if you can even swap out effects? 

It's seems to be just one project that crashes.  I did exact same moves in 2 different projects and I can recall the original mix. Interesting fact is that  the Synth I swapped out stays in the project but the effects I had swapped out revert back to originals. 

I submitted a crash report 

The crash goes as follows. 

Make change to the synth and a few settings and save as Mix 2 

Save project

Click on Mix 1 and it trys to load but after about 5 seconds screen flashes and Cakewalk disapears without any toast messages. 

Edited by John Vere

On 6/20/2022 at 8:44 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

Can you share a link to the project that crashes?

Sorry I missed your reply. I could send it no problem but I made a few major changes including I deleted the original mix recall that caused the crash. So I don't think it would help much. I also overwrote my working back up copy. I have an older backup but it didn't have any Mix recalls saved. So hopefully the crash dump is of some use to you.