Baba O'Lowery for Cherry Voltage Modular

Vernon Barnes

17 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Intro price $4.20. It would be rude not to at this price if you have Voltage Modular.

https://cherryaudio.com/videos/baba-olowrey-module-for-voltage-modular

Perfect timing. I was listening to Baba O'Riley yesterday and was wondering what the Who used for that iconic synth arpeggio. Didn't know they had Voltage Modular back then 😜.

I had always thought the Lowery was played through a synth gate and did not realise it was a function of the organ itself. Interesting that while the Lowrey gated the notes it still had to be played in in time for it to sound correctly, it was no arpeggiator in the sense we would understand today.

I have been playing around with this module and its a lot of fun. His scenarios with the "poly octave oscillator" are quite simple as it responds to MIDI signals. I have set up a more complex patch using the "MIDI to Poly CV" module so I can control other poly oscillators and trigger envelopes controlling filter and amps which greatly expands the pallet, it does remain something of a one trick pony though.  I will try running two in parallel, driving two sound sources which could introduce some interesting possibilities.

Certainly worth the asking price.

Edited by Vernon Barnes