Old project recorded / transferred out of sync.

vuzz14

Greetings.

Revisiting an old audio / midi  project that plays great but was recorded out of sync with CWB's internal  tempo. Can't remember how I did that but suspect I transferred it from an external source without considering the recording time base. Most vexing.
Just trying to align everything to a solid grid tempo for future work using correct groove clips, measures  and metronome settings. Maybe not possible for easy fix?
Using Fit to Time is kinda wonky on this project. I imagine folks have the same problem using CWB as a simple "Digital Recorder" for a live band performance and then trying to shoehorn it to align in post.  Thoughts? Thanks in advance. 

If you know the target tempo:

- Snap the Now Time to measure = Current Tempo +1

- Shift+M to open Set Measure/Beat At Now

- Enter measure = Target Tempo + 1, beat =1  and OK.

If you don't know the target tempo:

- Slide everything to align the first downbeat at 1:01:000, or 2:01:000 if you need a pick-up measure.

- Snap the Now time to that measure, and Shift+M to set the matching measure and beat.

- Listen to playback without the metronome running, and count out 8 or 16 measures.

- Snap the Now time to the downbeat that should be 9:01 or 17:01, and 'Set' that.

- if the original was recorded to a click, and the tempo that CW sets is close to a whole number, you can undo the Set, and do the first procedure for setting a known tempo.

- Or you can just keep using SM/BAN to set additional point to lock the timeline to the project as needed.

Edited by David Baay

Drag one of the drum tracks ( audio ) to the timeline and Melodyne ( if you have it) will create a tempo map that should be in perfect sync. You may have to drag the whole project using ripple edit on to line up with the grid. I demonstrate in this video.