Just installed Cakewalk and boom it doesn't open

pickle_seller

I first installed Cakewalk, but noticed that I had to have a Bandlab account in order to save any work I was going to do...I believe I closed Cakewalk, made my Bandlab account, and then when I tried to reopen Cakewalk, it won't open.

I didn't really know what to do so I went and uninstalled everything, but when I went to uninstall the Cakewalk application itself it gave me an error message, which I attached to this post. I'd like to finish uninstalling it so I can reinstall it, unless there is an easier option.

This is my first impression of the product and I am quite frustrated, but I understand that it could easily have been something I did wrong during setup, so I wanted to ask anyone if they had this problem before, and how they fixed it.

image.png

It's not your fault. In my opinion Cakewalk has had the most  ridiculous  and complicated installation system since Bandlab took it over. First the ultra buggy Bandlab assistant, and now the elusive web installer. I wanted to make a turorial on how to install Cakewalk and gave up. I'm wating for them to finish what they started last Summer. 

To me it should be pretty staight forward. I download and install lots of free Software. The instructions are always very clear. 

Most people are going to enter "Cakewalk Download" in the search. 

Now you would sort of expect a  Cakewalk Home Page with a big DOWNLOAD button. Go ahead and see if you can find it.  

This is what you get! Confusing, you bet.   Do you see Cakewalk on the products list? Sorry, you're going to need to be a internet wizard too find the correct pages. 

1044037588_Screenshot(360).thumb.png.c6fdfe424682b4d44df719a29cf49806.png

• Like 1