Capella-Software has released Capella-Scan 9

cclarry

Capella-Software has released Capella-Scan 9 software for scanning and recognizing sheet music.

The most important innovation in the version 9 is the preview mode, which allows you to see what will arrive in Capella during the recognition and post-processing. Corrections are applied immediately. In addition to the playback function, a direct sound export to Wave or MP3 is also possible.

Available for Windows and Mac.

The intro is $198 (reg. $235) until April 21st. If you alre…

If you already have Capella-Scan 7 or 8 (also scan&play), you can upgrade to the version 9 at a special upgrade price during the introductory promotion. You can find your personal upgrade offer in your customer account.

A 15-days demo is available.

https://www.capella-software.com/us/index.cfm/products/capella-scan/info-capella-scan/

• 4 weeks later...

While there are things to like about Capella-Scan, it is infinitely better than PhotoScore, however there are things that are present in Capella-Scan version 8 that are not present in Version 8.

I like that it will recognise up to 4 voices per stave, whereas PhotoScore is only 3. I like that the recognition is superimposed over the score rather than separate windows. I use Capella Scan because it crashes far less than PhotoScore, and to my mind recognition is more acurate.

EG. The Instrument selection for the template is much more difficult. And the awesome search and edit in multiple ways has been scaled down (as far as I can see), you could if you wanted to delete everything the search found in one go with version 8, but in version 9 you have to go to each selected item and delete individually. The save feature is a bit buggy. And while I welcome the unification with it's sister programs, I am disappointed with the current search, and it is now a major flaw in my opinion.

Edited by Rodney Mather