Playback fades out, then a loud bass glitch noise comes in and playback returns to normal.

user7022894803811720

Question

As the title says, now and then when I am playing back a project the audio will fade out very rapidly, about in a second or two. Then it will be dead silent for a bit. Then some (not all) of the tracks start clipping with bass glitchy noise and the whole project comes back. I am not sure but I think it might be Kontakt doing it? But that confusing part is if you look at all the tracks and buses some of them max out and start clipping like crazy when the project fades back in. When it fades back in its this really strange bass noise that doesn't seem to be particularly related to the music like its not like a low pass filter. Cakewalk does not report any audio dropout during these episodes. If it is one plugin causing it I am confused how it seems to screw the whole project and other tracks it would not possibly be connected to while its glitching out.

Any ideas would be appreciated thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Most likely an FX plugin, but based on the symptoms sounds like the 64-bit Double Precision Engine might also be involved so you might start by disabling it in Preferences > Audio > Driver Settings. 

Is there any recorded audio and/or stretched audio in the project or is it all synths?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, David Baay said:

Most likely an FX plugin, but based on the symptoms sounds like the 64-bit Double Precision Engine might also be involved so you might start by disabling it in Preferences > Audio > Driver Settings. 

Is there any recorded audio and/or stretched audio in the project or is it all synths?

It is a project containing audio, and synths. No stretching.

I will try out your suggestion. I suspect its a plugin I am just confused how its affecting other tracks that is has no connection to as well. I also have tried multiple drivers/audio interfaces. I tried a behringer, a focusrite, a MOTU and they all have the same issue. I might just have to record a video on my phone of it because it never exports like that. Only in playback.