Axe fx i/o expression pedal midi

Daniel Jorgensen

Question

So,

I went and purchased myself an Axe FX I/O Solo, and for the most part, it is an excellent piece of equipment. The issue I'm having with Cakewalk, is that it is not picking up the expression pedal inputs as a midi signal. I have several plugins that use this feature (Neural DSP and Amplitube plugins) where the midi learn function picks up the expression pedal in the standalone programs, but when used through Cakewalk, they are not recognised. I have selected the Axe i/o as a midi input source in the preferences menu, but Cakewalk still does not pick up the signal.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

2 answers to this question

I'm guessing you're writing about Axe IO Solo and not Axe Fx. And you have a separate expression pedal or some kind of foot controller plugged into it? After selecting the Axe i/o as a midi input source in the preferences menu, create a MIDI track and select Axe i/o as the track input and select echo on. Inside AT5 or any vst you're using (in an audio track) select the VST2/3 in the top bar and select Enable MIDI Input. In AT5 you then right click on a knob and select listen and move the expression pedal.

3 hours ago, rsinger said:

I'm guessing you're writing about Axe IO Solo and not Axe Fx. And you have a separate expression pedal or some kind of foot controller plugged into it? After selecting the Axe i/o as a midi input source in the preferences menu, create a MIDI track and select Axe i/o as the track input and select echo on. Inside AT5 or any vst you're using (in an audio track) select the VST2/3 in the top bar and select Enable MIDI Input. In AT5 you then right click on a knob and select listen and move the expression pedal.

I think you may be correct...I had to do a similar thing last night to allow an existing midi track to control another plugin within cakewalk. I should have realised this at that time. Thanks for that... I'll give it a go when I get the chance.