will it affect quality of sound if i add like 50 fabfilter EQ3?

Pascal Auger

I don't think the default setting actually processes the audio. I think it is a neutral effect in default. I'd like to hear what you say after you load all 50 into a track. Please post your results!  I always wanted to do +3db on an EQ ; then  -3db  on the same EQ - multiple times on several different VST's and see what the changes would be.

Fabfilter Q3

Weiss EQ1

Millennia NSEQ-2

Waves Linear Phase EQ

Brainworx bx_digital V3

Ozone EQ

Waves Q10

Waves H-EQ

Never had the time to do the test.  It's still on my to-do list.

17 minutes ago, Pascal Auger said:

i'd like to do this on waves Vitamin.... because i can't bypass it, and i'm wondering if it change the sound. i'm testing.

Use the VST3 version of the plug-in.

The VST3 should have the host bypass function.

Waves does not support VST2 format in CbB.

I do not use Waves plug-ins so I can only go by the information on their website and other sources.

They have not supported VST2 in SONAR for years and never supported in CbB.

Waves does not support mixing VST2 and VST3 formats.

Waves is one of the few manufacturers supporting automatic VST2 to VST3 migration (probably because of the above).

The migration settings are in CbB Preferences > File > VST Settings

Might be worth testing on a copy of the project.

In case anyone is curious why I brought all this up in a thread about FabFilter, see the OPs post before this one

I have used VST2 and VST3 in the same projects when the VST3 came out.  There were problems then (Before migration settings).  I have older projects with VST2's and I have opened and edited, adding newer VST3's. The cakewalk auto migration worked well. I didn't have any issues. I always use and recommend VST3's now.

15 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

I don't think the default setting actually processes the audio. I think it is a neutral effect in default. I'd like to hear what you say after you load all 50 into a track. Please post your results!  I always wanted to do +3db on an EQ ; then  -3db  on the same EQ - multiple times on several different VST's and see what the changes would be.

Fabfilter Q3

Weiss EQ1

Millennia NSEQ-2

Waves Linear Phase EQ

Brainworx bx_digital V3

Ozone EQ

Waves Q10

Waves H-EQ

Never had the time to do the test.  It's still on my to-do list.

i made test with many pro-q3, no difference (freezing fx with online).
but with many Vitamin at default settings, it affect audio a lot.

• Like 1