Clip colors out of sync between Track View & Piano Roll

Shaan

First what I want to say is....  Thank you Cakewalk for your continuous support and continuously adding new enhancements and features and also continuously enhancing the the product and features that are already there, it is greatly appreciated 👍🙏

I love the recent implementation of Track Sub-Folders, Thank you.

I came across that setting a clips color using the Inspector changes the clips colors correctly on Track View but on the Piano Roll clip's colors are not in sync with the changed color.

I am not using the Track Coloring because I do not want to change the entire Track strip Color. I only wanted to change the clips colors,  so I have selected the Track Folder's Header and made sure all clips are selected, and while holding the CTRL key I applied the color change using the clip properties in Track Inspector. 

Track View displays changed colors correctly, but Piano Roll still displays the original colors. I have closed the Piano Roll and re-opened again to see if that helps, but the colors are still out of sync. restarting Cakewalk also didn't help.

Unfortunately, I was applying this way of clip color change on a 250 + Tracks Project that had many Track Folders, Sub-Folders and Tracks and during that time only I found out this problem. now when I double-click any particular clip on a Track View and when it opens up in Piano Roll they are both in two different colors 😟 .

Not sure if any one else encountered this problem, or am I doing something different (?).

I created a small example to show you what is happening, please see the pictures below:

Cakewalk - Track Colors5 (2).png

Cakewalk - Track Colors6 (2).png

Cakewalk - Track Colors7 (2).png

For the most part PRV follows "default" track colors set in Preferences or Theme Editor.

Changing clip colors in the Inspector won't affect it as you can have  multiple colored clips in one track aside from the overall track color.

I think someone feature requested the very thing you want to happen, tho.