Drum Replacer Crash

bobbyswamp

Hey, all. I downloaded the latest update last night. Afterwards, when I tried to open the song I was working on, I got this pop-up (image enclosed below) and Cakewalk crashed and closed. I re-started Cakewalk up again, went into "Plug-in Manager," highlighted Drum Replacer and opened up properties. I unchecked the box that is labeled "enable as plug-in." That allowed me to open up the song. But, of course, all the work I did in Drum Replacer is now unavailable because the plug-in is turned off. What happened?! Should I just re-install CBB so Drum Replacer lines up properly again? I contacted Bandlab Support and "Sean" responded really quick, but I'm still waiting for his recommendation. Thanks...

Cakewalk crash.jpg

Drum Replacer is not a regular VST3 plug-in, it is a Region FX only.

It is normally excluded by default in the plug-in manager so that it does not show up in the regular plug-in layouts.

Adding Drum Replacer to a track/clip FX Rack or ProChannel can crash the DAW.

Make sure to send the dmp to support but the actual crash is coming from a Melodyne dll.

This may be something Celemony needs to address, if it is not a case of adding the plug-in as a regular VST.

When I use it I simply extract the Midi data and then remove the regional effect from the track. I can then either keep the original audio track or delete it and just use the midi data which is what I always do. So there’s no need to have any regional effect activity in projects. 

28 minutes ago, scook said:

Drum Replacer is not a regular VST3 plug-in, it is a Region FX only.

It is normally excluded by default in the plug-in manager so that it does not show up in the regular plug-in layouts.

Adding Drum Replacer to a track/clip FX Rack or ProChannel can crash the DAW.

Make sure to send the dmp to support but the actual crash is coming from a Melodyne dll.

This may be something Celemony needs to address, if it is not a case of adding the plug-in as a regular VST.

OK, thanks, scook. Good to know the crash is actually coming from a Melodyne dll. Thanks!

17 minutes ago, John Vere said:

When I use it I simply extract the Midi data and then remove the regional effect from the track. I can then either keep the original audio track or delete it and just use the midi data which is what I always do. So there’s no need to have any regional effect activity in projects. 

Way cool info! Thanks, John. I'm checking out the video now. Thank you.

• Like 1