saving track layouts

Ben Lander

Question

I KNOW this is a simple thing but on under STAFF VIEW when say I open 3-4- tracks and give them each a SPECIFIC layout (lets say treble clef/treble clef/bass clef/8va bass) how do you SAVE that information so that when I close the program and open it the next day I don't have to waste time RE-DOING the layouts again and again and again...tks for any and all help

1 answer to this question

Here is says that it should be remembered when you save your project.  I don't use it so I actually don't know.

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013093/Staff-and-Lyrics-Views

Layout

You can change how each track is displayed by clicking the Layout button. Cakewalk displays the Staff View Layout dialog box, listing track names alongside the designated clef(s).

To change the clef for a track, select the track in the list and choose from Treble, Bass, Treble/Bass, Alto, Tenor, and Octave-treble.

If you assign a track to Treble/Bass, the track is split onto two staves. Use the split option to specify the split point, which is the lowest note that should go on the treble clef. All notes lower than the split point are notated on the bass clef just below. Keep in mind that a track assigned to Treble/Bass, uses up 2 of the 24 available staves.

The Staff View Layout is remembered with each .WRK file.