Wrong Instrument in Event Viewer Patch Change

Didi

Your screen shot doesn't show the midi channel, bank and patch dialogue boxes. It's either off screen or your workspace has disabled that view. Set the Track Control Manager to ALL to see those dialogue boxes. It's found at the top of the track header and it will either show Workspace or Custom. I have a bunch or tutorials involving Midi and using VST's as well as harware set up. 

What *.ins [Cakewalk Instrument Definition file] do you have assigned to Channel 10 on that port?

Edited by User 905133
to add some links to online help

Hi All

I fixed the problem in my original post.

I'm using the Generic (Patches 1..128) instrument definition file supplied with Cakewalk. I cannot find a specific TR-8S definition file anywhere.

Another problem.... weirdly the TR-8S is now receiving and actioning the patch number correctly from Cakewalk, and changes to the correct pattern number on the TR-8S. However, the Roland box does not change to the correct Bank and always defaults to Bank 1. For example if I send an event from Cakewalk to change to Bank 8 Patch 15, the TR-8S changes to Patch 15 but always goes to Bank 1.

Any thoughts?

Preferences3.jpg

Preferences4.jpg

Preferences2.jpg

Preferences1.jpg

Define Instruments.jpg