ASIO Drive Question?

Liquid Noise 23

I watched a video on how to setup an audio interface for use with Cakewalk.  The last step had me in Preferences, Audio, Sync and Caching.  Under Sync and Caching at the bottom it shows, Record Latency Adjustment (samples) which has two options in the dropdown box:  Realtek ASIO (4 in, 4 out.): and Zoom U-44 (4 in, 4 out).  I have clicked several times on the Zoom ASIO but when I click apply Cakewalk does not keep the Zoom ASIO setting it reverts back to the Realtek ASIO.  As per video I removed the Realtek ASIO Driver from my registry and it all works fine after restart.  The Zoom ASIO Driver is now the only option under Record Latency Adjustment (samples) and Cakewalk seems to have less latency.  How ever I do not use my audio interface all the time for other programs.  So with the Realtek ASIO Driver removed my PC does not have any sound.  Are there any solutions to this issue?  I have reinstalled the Realtek Driver and Cakewalk still only allows the Realtek ASIO Choice.

Thank you for any help.

Liquid Noise 23

Edited by Liquid Noise 23

10 minutes ago, Liquid Noise 23 said:

I watched a video on how to setup an audio interface for use with Cakewalk.  The last step had me in Preferences, Audio, Sync and Caching.  Under Sync and Caching at the bottom it shows, Record Latency Adjustment (samples) which has two options in the dropdown box:  Realtek ASIO (4 in, 4 out.): and Zoom U-44 (4 in, 4 out).  I have clicked several times on the Zoom ASIO but when I click apply Cakewalk does not keep the Zoom ASIO setting it reverts back to the Realtek ASIO.  As per video I removed the Realtek ASIO Driver from my registry and it all works fine after restart.  The Zoom ASIO Driver is now the only option under Record Latency Adjustment (samples) and Cakewalk seems to have less latency.  How ever I do not use my audio interface all the time for other programs.  So with the Realtek ASIO Driver removed my PC does not have any sound.  Are there any solutions to this issue?  I have reinstalled the Realtek Driver and Cakewalk still only allows the Realtek ASIO Choice.

Thank you for any help.

Liquid Noise 23

If you're in Windows 10 right click on the speaker icon and choose OPEN SOUND SETTINGS. 

In the next windows under SOUND change the output to the desired SOUND DRIVER you want to use on your System. 

Under Manage Sound Devices > Output Devices, click on the extra Outpit Devices shown and DISABLE them. No need to delete things as you might want to use them again.

Hope this helps. 

That might have been my video right?  I show that and as I explain you open the Register Edit App and delete the invasive driver. 
You don’t use your on board audio if you have an interface. Your speakers should be connected to the interface not your computer. 
You can remove the Real Tech ASIO driver and Windows will use WASAPI if you disconnect the ASIO interface. I do this all the time. I have 3 computers that Realtech on board audio and all work just fine with out the Realtech ASIO driver if I don’t have my interface turned on 

Edited by John Vere

Plus, it's been noted here many times, the RealTek ASIO driver isn't worth the effort I used to type this. The Windows WASAPI driver would be a better choice unless you have an interface with good ASIO drivers, which it appears you do.
Welcome to the forum.