Jump to content

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, garybrun said:

Funky!
Look forward to the album.. I will be the first in line to buy it.

Thanks Gary, very nice of you to say.

 

12 hours ago, jack c. said:

great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!jack c.

thanks jack!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great groove, love it! Kind of like some of the great bass grooves that Barry White had.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sort of a mixture of jazzish  rockish and funkish all rolled into something else. Maybe we need a new genre name for it? I enjoyed the listening experience.  You definitely have a system down for this. The nice thing is you can probably use a template for most of it? I wish I could do that. I jump around too much.

Kudos!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Killer song ! I really liked the guitar/sax doubling , the Great guitar tone and of course the bass line. Your bass player Nailed it and I really liked the tasty filtering he used.    Excellent mix !   mark 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2022 at 2:19 AM, garybrun said:

will be the first in line to buy it.

Only if you can "push" past me!

As always, great work Carl!

t

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is truly superb. I love the song and the top notch playing. I would be very interested in learning more about your  and your band's musical backgrounds,  @Hidden Symmetry. Kudos on a great job. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Yeah! Sounds kinda like Atlanta Rhythm Section.

There's another track I'm finishing up that really has a AWB hook to it. I'll post it some time.

 

9 hours ago, KurtS said:

What a great groove, love it! Kind of like some of the great bass grooves that Barry White had.

Thanks Kurt, ah..The Walrus..some good stuff..

9 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

Sort of a mixture of jazzish  rockish and funkish all rolled into something else. Maybe we need a new genre name for it? I enjoyed the listening experience.  You definitely have a system down for this. The nice thing is you can probably use a template for most of it? I wish I could do that. I jump around too much.

Kudos!!

Thanks for listening Tim, yeah I don't tend to write anything genre specific.

8 hours ago, mark skinner said:

 Killer song ! I really liked the guitar/sax doubling , the Great guitar tone and of course the bass line. Your bass player Nailed it and I really liked the tasty filtering he used.    Excellent mix !   mark 

Appreciate the kind words Mark,  glad the mix is working for you.

8 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Only if you can "push" past me!

As always, great work Carl!

t

Thanks again Tom, much appreciated!

6 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

That is truly superb. I love the song and the top notch playing. I would be very interested in learning more about your  and your band's musical backgrounds,  @Hidden Symmetry. Kudos on a great job. 

Thanks for listening & the feedback. These internet collabs feature different players from around the globe. They're mainly into jazz-R&B, funk-fusion ( & other genres of course)

5 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

Nicely done - that's an excellent mix and I loved the bass track.

Thanks Douglas, good to hear the mix is on track .

 

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hidden Symmetry As long as people like yourself and your band play music like this I will continue to use the term Cool Grooving.

Extremely Cool Grooving, hints of several Jazz Fusion bands about this, lovely mix, clean and open with air to spare. :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Wookie's description - Cool grooving - perfect

Fabulous playing and mix - could listen to this all day!

Great stuff

Nigel

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always interesting from beginning to end.  I liked the guitar/sax doubling as well, it's a unique timbre.  I'm glad you got a real bassist. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...