"... no audio devices for the current driver model...

RHAJR

Question

I'm sure this has been asked and answered a hundred times, but I don't find it and thought I'd just make it 101.

When I launch Cakewalk, I get the following message: 

There are no audio devices for the current driver model on your system. Please go to Edit | Playback and Recording and choose a different driver model. 

Once Cakewalk has launched, I get this: 

The following tracks and buses are currently assigned to a silent hardware output.  The items listed below will be silent in your project until their outputs are reassigned to an appropriate hardware output.

Other than pointing me towards how to resolve the above, this is something that might be related...

Where to I assign the output through which a bus is played?

I'm sure it's obvious, but I truly am an absolute beginner at all things Midi and Cakewalk. I'm using an Alesis V49 that is hooked up to my PC. The drivers for it are current.

1 minute ago, msmcleod said:

Sorry, can you turn off the Pro Channel as well... I need to see this:
image.thumb.png.2cdeab1a00e3ca8dc156a2626ec7d1e6.png

https://gyazo.com/b833d668138b8c806f6845beac149382

I also have this card sitting around that I could install, if need be. https://smile.amazon.com/ASUS-XONAR-Headphone-Audio-Card/dp/B003ZXDOL6/ref=sr_1_1?crid=IYJ337IYWQ6N&keywords=asus+xonar+dG&qid=1642162235&sprefix=asus+xonar+dg%2Caps%2C77&sr=8-1

1 minute ago, Richard Adkins said:

Ok - there's your issue.

The Master bus is set to None.  Set it to your audio device.
image.png.22d49d5c59519aa8616141482d0493d4.png

7 minutes ago, Richard Adkins said:

https://gyazo.com/53eb03b368da52b2b52db3a6904d6e77

What can I do to be sure I'm pushing a sound out from the computer via Cakewalk while initiating that sound with the midi controller?

You could check the meters within the Console View.  Make sure you expand the Hardware outs at the far right too.  If it's working, you should see all three meters light up as you play.  If you're getting a signal at the hardware device ( the right most meter ), then the sound is getting to your hardware device - anything beyond that, is beyond Cakewalk's control.

CheckingOutput.gif

6 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

You could check the meters within the Console View.  Make sure you expand the Hardware outs at the far right too.  If it's working, you should see all three meters light up as you play.  If you're getting a signal at the hardware device ( the right most meter ), then the sound is getting to your hardware device - anything beyond that, is beyond Cakewalk's control.

CheckingOutput.gif

https://gyazo.com/f9d5483c7bf48e8453fb54c90b950466

I get A sound, but it's soft and nothing like what it should be. Mostly a static type of sound that correlates to the notes I'm playing up and down the keyboard.

Edited by Richard Adkins

3 minutes ago, Richard Adkins said:

Cool.  How do I fix that? lol

I can hear the metronome, but I have no idea what it's actually supposed to sound like so I don't know if it's true or not. It's not full of static.

2 minutes ago, Richard Adkins said:

I can hear the metronome, but I have no idea what it's actually supposed to sound like so I don't know if it's true or not. It's not full of static.

Another oddity, like we need more. Adjusting the volume up and down on my desktop has no affect on the sound from Cakewalk. It's a constant volume. Not loud, just constant when I play. It does, however, have some variation to volume when I adjust the Master slider up and down.

Edited by Richard Adkins

Right, so I've been at this for over six hours. You and I have been at it for over three. It's 0730 here and I'm tired. I'll try again this evening, or later this afternoon once I've rested a bit. THANK you very much for your help. I'm sure it'll get worked out, eventually.