Cannot download Cakewalk! Bandlab Assistant stuck at 0/0.

pulsewalk

I can simply not download Cakewalk as Bandlab Assitant is stuck at 0/0.

I've tried on two different computers now with different Internet connections. Both Windows 10 64bit, of which one of the machines is a completely new Windows 10 64bit install (yesterday, so completely fresh and clean!).

Same on both machines. Bandlab Assistant is stuck at 0/0. It won't download anything.

I think I give up now. Cakewalk is free and everything but why on earth can't they just put up the whole Cakewalk installation (about 500-600mb I guess) for download as an .exe or .zip or .rar file? How hard can it be? Just put the installation file up, so people can download! Bandlab Assistant (which ALSO is freshly downloaded from here (today), is the latest version from the Bandlab site, but it just won't work.

It doesn't matter if I try to update or if I uninstall and try to do a new install. It doesn't even matter if I use a completely fresh Windows 10 64bit installation with nothing from Bandlab on it, to do a completely fresh install. Same thing. It doesn't work.

This is not the first time either there is trouble with this,... it's probably the 3rd or 4th time for me now during the last couple of years or so. I love Cakewalk, but there is a point where the negative things and problems starts to over weigh the positive things, and this might be that point I'm afraid. :( Sad, but it is what it is.

I usually use the CbB in-app Update Installer [Help > Check for Updates].  But there's also a new Web Installer.  I tried that a day or two ago for the very first time and it worked.  I had SI-Instruments and the Theme Editor already, so I unchecked those.  I only used it for CbB itself.

Edited by User 905133
clarifications
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, pulsewalk said:

Thanks I'll give it a try. I wonder why they're not making available the working installer instead :)

There has been a lot of discussion about using Bandlab Assistant.  I don't know all the details, but I have been using the in-app process for a number of months (most of 2021 IIRC).  There have been steady improvements in that process. The Web Installer is newer and I am sure there are threads that mention why it is still in progress.  If by "the working installer" you mean BA, there are threads about that, too.

For me the in-app updater has been super smooth for months, so I use it.  Hope it works smoothly for you, too.

Edited by User 905133

1 minute ago, User 905133 said:

The Web Installer is newer and I am sure there are threads that mention why it is still in progress.  If by "the working installer" you mean BA, there are threads about that, too.

No not BA, I meant exactly the one that you recommended, the "Web installer"... that one is the "working one" I mean :)  ...and very well, I tried and it worked perfectly! :)

• Like 1