Noel Borthwick

CLOSED: Cakewalk 2021.09 Update 1 Early Access (Updated to Build 145)

Posted (edited)
On 9/28/2021 at 5:40 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

• Changes to Notes tab are not reflected in the ID3 MP3 Options dialog until CbB restart.

I have the impression that there was a regression in version 145 of this parameterization.

Why data is no longer being updated.

image.png.c2a78c3ee6461bb111ed0349b860263f.png

Edited by Milton Sica

On 10/1/2021 at 12:49 PM, Milton Sica said:

I have the impression that there was a regression in version 145 of this parameterization.

@Noel Borthwick As there was regression of the application in this operation, how can I go back to the previous EA where the information was updated correctly?

On 10/1/2021 at 4:49 PM, Milton Sica said:

@Milton Sica - It's not clear what context you're referring to here.  Is it incorrect when you first create an MP3 export, or are you referring to recalling a task?

Every time you open the Export Dialog, it grabs the latest information from the notes browser.

If you create a new mp3 export task, the mp3 dialog will show and allow you to customise this information.  Anything you edit will be stored inside the task.  Subsequent changes to the notes browser will NOT update the task.

Additionally, any edits you made to the mp3 dialog will remain while you are still in the Export Dialog.

Once you close and re-open the Export Dialog , it grabs the latest information from the notes browser.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

@Milton Sica - It's not clear what context you're referring to here.  Is it incorrect when you first create an MP3 export, or are you referring to recalling a task?

Every time you open the Export Dialog, it grabs the latest information from the notes browser.

If you create a new mp3 export task, the mp3 dialog will show and allow you to customise this information.  Anything you edit will be stored inside the task.  Subsequent changes to the notes browser will NOT update the task.

Additionally, any edits you made to the mp3 dialog will remain while you are still in the Export Dialog.

Once you close and re-open the Export Dialog , it grabs the latest information from the notes browser.

Then this  "Every time you open the Export Dialog, it grabs the latest information from the notes browser."

is not true.

Follow this step-by-step guide to understand what's not working:

1 - Create an MP3 export task. You will have an export configuration like this:

image.png.5728f490f05b6100f0b854bd2dea8f21.png

2 - Change the project notes data.
3 - Retrieve the data from the previously created task.
4 - Update task data.

image.png.9efc719b641bff30a7f6a3933c945068.png

Note that the ID3 data, instead of considering the information now contained in the notes (update 2), kept the notes from the previous task (update 1)

Then this  "Every time you open the Export Dialog, it grabs the latest information from the notes browser."

is not true.

Furthermore, in the case of tasks, the current conditions of the project should be taken into account in its execution. Such as Entire Project or Time Selection, migrating this information for export.

When creating the task I expressed my option for the task to consider the CURRENT NOTES of the Project and not those that existed at the time of its creation.

Edited by Milton Sica

Posted (edited)

I'm having two issues, one was with an earlier version - 

Current issue: program exits without prompting. Thus, it's completely unusable. It could be loading an existing softsynth is the issue. 

Previous issue: Difficulty working with my softsynth in pianoroll view if I'm simultaneously working with a keyboard MIDI on other tracks. I have Windows 10 and a pretty strong 5 year program. 

Edited by Laurence Levin

@Laurence Levin If the program is exiting on start the most likely reason is that something has corrupted your C++ redistributables. Please download the latest redists or try reinstalling Cakewalk. Does it fail to load the application itself or is it failing to load a specific project file.
If you are having an issue with a specific project please make sure you are running the latest EA build which is 145 and retry it.

6 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

When creating the task I expressed my option for the task to consider the CURRENT NOTES of the Project and not those that existed at the time of its creation.

There is currently no way to do this automatically, but we will consider supporting tags for the ID3 settings in a future version. For now, you can use the solution as described in the following thread: 

17 minutes ago, Morten Saether said:

There is currently no way to do this automatically, but we will consider supporting tags for the ID3 settings in a future version. For now, you can use the solution as described in the following thread: 

And about the errors that I pointed out in the sequence of steps in my post will there be the possibility of correcting it? The previous version performed it perfectly.

13 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

And about the errors that I pointed out in the sequence of steps in my post will there be the possibility of correcting it? The previous version performed it perfectly.

The behavior is different if you update a taks vs. recalling a task and then updating the task. This is the way recalling tasks has worked all along. Which specific version behaved differently?

3 minutes ago, Morten Saether said:

The behavior is different if you update a taks vs. recalling a task and then updating the task. This is the way recalling tasks has worked all along. Which specific version behaved differently?

When I noticed this post. Is there a way to go back to an EA version earlier than this one for me to retest?

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/34076-cakewalk-202109-update-1-early-access-updated-to-build-145/&do=findComment&comment=278699

15 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

As Morten wrote there is no error. Its working as designed. 

Please test the operation of the program when exporting to MP3 after doing these steps:

1 - Recall the task.
2 - Change project notes
3 - Update task information

Forgive my insistence, but the information in the project notes should, in my opinion, be carried out by updating the new notes.

That's not what's happening. The image is very clear.

image.png.1d6ad92fbee1a489659c0cabcec17063.png

Posted (edited)

Here is something weird that is happening (may be related to tha last build, not sure):

I open a project (CWP), with this name [Reputacion Cancion Cierre V2 en G Ok10], and when loading, CW asks for this OTHER project [Reputacion Cancion Cierre V2 en G Ok7], which is an older version saved with audio in another location...! ... any ideas? - it's so weird -

Imagen1.png

Imagen2.png

Edited by Andres Medina