Jump to content
Noel Borthwick

CLOSED: Cakewalk 2021.09 Update 1 Early Access (Updated to Build 145)

Recommended Posts

We're pleased to announce Early Access for Update 1 of 2021.09! This release includes a small handful of user reported stability issues.

If you have encountered any of these issues, please check out this release and and confirm that your issue is resolved before we release the official public version. 

Please note that Early Access installers are update installers, which only update from a specific version. To install the 2021.09 Update 1 Early Access build, you must be on the latest public release of 2021.09. 

Download Cakewalk 2021.09 Update 1 EA installer

If you haven't already done so, please read about the Early Access Program before participating.
Please keep responses specific to problems or comments on this release. Unrelated bugs or feature requests should be posted in other threads or the feature request channel.

Thanks again for your participation!
The Bakers

Issues Resolved in Build 145:

S-Gear 2 VST3 plugin crashes when inserted 
 

Issues Resolved in Build 144:

  • MP3 options dialog does not show recalled task settings
  • Export as MIDI exporting whole project if selection at time zero
  • Intermittent crash when closing Arranger Section Context Menu
  • Windows notification sound when opening export audio dialog in some projects
     

Issues Resolved in Build 143:

  • Bounce to track dialog forces render sample rate to 44100 always
  • Export audio dialog uses default project sample rate instead of actual project sample rate
  • Bounce to Tracks should always use project sample rate to prevent unnecessary sample rate conversion
  • Large bounce buffer sizes cause flatline audio when exporting or bouncing clips with 96K or higher sample rates
  • Bounce to clips unexpectedly uses bounce buffer size from export audio dialog
  • Exporting audio with plugins on a surround bus can hang the export while flushing plugin buffers
  • In rare cases certain plugins could hang export while flushing plugin buffers
  • Export task fails with no meaningful message if drive or path is invalid
  • Export as MIDI File should not show audio track warning message
  • Warn if duplicate filenames in export task queue
  • Changes to Notes tab are not reflected in the ID3 MP3 Options dialog until CbB restart.
  • MP3 Options dialog should default to 256 kbps
  • Export with External encoder was not functional
  • Expand width of file overwrite prompt when exporting multiple files and make the list scrollable

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2021 at 5:40 PM, Noel Borthwick said:
  • Changes to Notes tab are not reflected in the ID3 MP3 Options dialog until CbB restart.
  • MP3 Options dialog should default to 256 kbps

 

Perfect. in 144. 

I noticed that the fields Track, Year and Genre, despite being included in the MP3 generation, they are not included in the project notes.
Perhaps it was time to include this informational information in the project notes as well. Thus, all the information contained in the MP3 generator would also be in the project.

The OK and CANCEL options only appear when editing the comments. In other fields it does not appear.

image.png.9b830a019f6a7b2fedefea652bbecd1b.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Milton Sica
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:
  • MP3 Options dialog should default to 256 kbps

Even if you change the bitrate value and update the task, this information is not retrieved from the task.

When recording task

image.png.e87cb59c5f94cba65ddf1cc2de93d011.png

When retrieving the task

image.png.12f19aa65026f71ddfc99a6a0092b582.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

External encoder works great with the mp3+wav files - thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Export as MIDI File should not show audio track warning message

Thanks, this works now as expected!

But there is still an issue exporting a selection of MIDI:

  • If the selection starts at 001:01 (project start), then the whole clip is exported (instead of the selection only).
  • In all other cases it works as expected!
Edited by marled
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Some application dropouts due to Ozone 9 Elements vst3.

Reopening the project several times corrects the abandonment.

image.png.1a15b768e387131bfbc32c7585f4ab7f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That isn't a dropout. The plugin is failing to load.
Either its not installed properly or its a plugin authorization issue. You would have to follow up with iZotope on that if the problem persists. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

We're pleased to announce Early Access for Update 1 of 2021.09! This release includes a small handful of user reported stability issues.

If you have encountered any of these issues, please check out this release and and confirm that your issue is resolved before we release the official public version. 

Please note that Early Access installers are update installers, which only update from a specific version. To install the 2021.09 Update 1 Early Access build, you must be on the latest public release of 2021.09. 

Download Cakewalk 2021.09 Update 1 EA installer

If you haven't already done so, please read about the Early Access Program before participating.
Please keep responses specific to problems or comments on this release. Unrelated bugs or feature requests should be posted in other threads or the feature request channel.

Thanks again for your participation!
The Bakers

Issues Resolved in Build 143:

  • Bounce to track dialog forces render sample rate to 44100 always
  • Export audio dialog uses default project sample rate instead of actual project sample rate
  • Bounce to Tracks should always use project sample rate to prevent unnecessary sample rate conversion
  • Large bounce buffer sizes cause flatline audio when exporting or bouncing clips with 96K or higher sample rates
  • Bounce to clips unexpectedly uses bounce buffer size from export audio dialog
  • Exporting audio with plugins on a surround bus can hang the export while flushing plugin buffers
  • In rare cases certain plugins could hang export while flushing plugin buffers
  • Export task fails with no meaningful message if drive or path is invalid
  • Export as MIDI File should not show audio track warning message
  • Warn if duplicate filenames in export task queue
  • Changes to Notes tab are not reflected in the ID3 MP3 Options dialog until CbB restart.
  • MP3 Options dialog should default to 256 kbps
  • Export with External encoder was not functional
  • Expand width of file overwrite prompt when exporting multiple files and make the list scrollable

 

Hi Noel,

This update seems to solve the stutter problem, when oversampling is activated on the synthesizers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is particular to this build:

When navigating between arranger sections, going backwards (Shift+TAB) doesn't get you to the previous arranger section, but to the very beginning of the project.

When markers are present, this Shift+Tab gets you to the previous marker.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jean Corivo said:

Hi Noel,

This update seems to solve the stutter problem, when oversampling is activated on the synthesizers

@Jean Corivo thanks for the update. I'm glad its ok now but I'm not sure what could have caused that. Perhaps it was related to the fact that the bounce was doing unnecessary resampling if the project sample rate was different from the default sample rate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another build posted today with the following fixes. Link in main post.

Issues Resolved in Build 144:

  • MP3 options dialog does not show recalled task settings
  • Export as MIDI exporting whole project if selection at time zero
  • Intermittent crash when closing Arranger Section Context Menu
  • Windows notification sound when opening export audio dialog in some projects
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andres Medina said:

Not sure if this is particular to this build:

When navigating between arranger sections, going backwards (Shift+TAB) doesn't get you to the previous arranger section, but to the very beginning of the project.

When markers are present, this Shift+Tab gets you to the previous marker.

The default settings for TAB and SHIFT+TAB is to navigate through transient markers on the selected clip.

I'm assuming you've rebound these to Next Marker and Previous Marker respectively?

In which case, you need to check your Landmark settings (right click on "Marks" on the snap module) and make sure arranger start and/or arranger end is checked.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

The default settings for TAB and SHIFT+TAB is to navigate through transient markers on the selected clip.

I'm assuming you've rebound these to Next Marker and Previous Marker respectively?

In which case, you need to check your Landmark settings (right click on "Marks" on the snap module) and make sure arranger start and/or arranger end is checked.
 

Yes - I did as directed, and is working perfectly. Thanks again!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The link in the main thread has been updated to Build 145.  Thanks to Kim Strong for his assistance tracking down this issue.

Issues Resolved in Build 145:

S-Gear 2 VST3 plugin crashes on some systems when inserted 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

The link in the main thread has been updated to Build 145.  Thanks to Kim Strong for his assistance tracking down this issue.

Issues Resolved in Build 145:

S-Gear 2 VST3 plugin crashes on some systems when inserted 

I had mentioned above the detail that a menu with OK and CANCEL only appears when the NOTES field in the PROJECT NOTES receives focus and works so that the information entered is preserved in this field.

I would like to better understand the purpose of including this option menu for this field only.

 

image.png.5cba0dca90c7359af06dcb64518f35d0.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

I would like to better understand the purpose of including this option menu for this field only.

Because unlike the single line entries above it, the ENTER key does not commit data in a multi-line entry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scook said:

Because unlike the single line entries above it, the ENTER key does not commit data in a multi-line entry.

I understand, but would it not be the case in this field to change the behavior of the CARRIAGE RETURN - CHR(13) to inhibit the need for this menu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

I understand, but would it not be the case in this field to change the behavior of the CARRIAGE RETURN - CHR(13) to inhibit the need for this menu?

Sure but then there would need to be another. less obvious way. to add line breaks to the entry.

The TAB key was already sacrificed to move between entry fields.

If you don't want to use the mouse to click OK, use the TAB key.

The ESCAPE key performs the Cancel function.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, scook said:

Sure but then there would need to be another. less obvious way. to add line breaks to the entry.

The TAB key was already sacrificed to move between entry fields.

If you don't want to use the mouse to click OK, use the TAB key.

The ESCAPE key performs the Cancel function.

I understand your considerations. The ENTER key is the world standard for newline.

I think the editing procedure would be more transparent and without the menu now included if the operation performed by OK was done when the field lost focus. Similar to other fields.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...