A couple quick how-to's

Leroy Casterline

Question

I just started w/Cakewalk and can't figure out how to do two things (at the moment):

1) How can I set all MIDI channels to the same output at once? I'd like to switch between my old SQ-80 on MIDI channel 1 and Windows built-in synth without changing each channel individually.

2) How can I resize all the tracks to show all visible controls at once?  Here's how I'd like all my tracks to appear:

image.thumb.png.ed47376115b250588538a5cae05c8409.png

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, scook said:

I must be doing something wrong. When I hold down the control key on an unselected MIDI track and adjust, for example, volume nothing changes on the other tracks. If I understand the docs correctly, this should change the control on all MIDI tracks.

On the other hand, if I select multiple channels and again hold down the control key, everything works as expected. 

I've checked the Workspace Manager; I am in Advanced Mode with everything enabled (checked).

Select the tracks to change, hold down the CTRL key, move the control

The option to change all tracks with no selection active was disabled in 2019.09.

The documentation needs to be updated and the new features section needs to be integrated into the regular doc.

• Like 1