NI Community Drive 2021

Magic Russ

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/community-drive-2021/

GIRLS MAKE BEATS

Free charity soundpack

With just 2% of music producers and 3% of audio engineers on the Billboard top 100 chart being female, Girls Make Beats is dedicated to increasing the female presence of music producers, DJs and engineers in the music space and creating real-world opportunities to break the barriers within the music industry.

To help support the next generation of producers, artists and engineers, we’ve teamed up with 13 trailblazing artists and the girls from Girls Make Beats to create a donation-based charity sound pack.

The pack is free to download, but we encourage donations from those who are able to give. We are proud to be donating $30,000 to kick things off and support Girls Make Beats, and we look forward to making an even greater impact on the next generation of music-makers with your help.

Now that i have had a chance to play around with this, I'll throw in some comments.

First, a fair amount of the content requires Maschine.  It comes with about 14 projects for Maschine, a few drum synth sounds and a few things from their drum kit.

However, there are also  around 200 samples, 3 Battery Kits, 17 FM 8 presets, 20 Guitar Rig 6 presets, 31 Massive Sounds, 14 Massive X presets, and 27 Monark presets.

The FM 8 sounds are perfectly useable but not ground breaking.

The guitar rig presets are broken into 2 groups.  Jamie Lidell contributed 10 patches which are tagged for use with drums.  One of them I found interesting because it had an LFO set to modify the delay parameters so that the first beat in a measure had this weird flangy thing to it.  Very clever, although I think I might want to change the modulation to have this fire on the 2 and 4.  The other group was a set of Guitar and Bass patches by Phase Queen.  Overall I thought these needed to tame some of the reverb and have some other minor tweaks.  However, I thought the Antarctica and Other Voices patches had some potential.

The Massive sounds were above average.  As I have said before and will say again, I have never been crazy about OG Massive, so this is actually effusive praise.

The Massive X sounds, on the other hand, were quite disappointing.  I never really got on with the original version of the synth.  I always felt like it took a lot of work to make it not sound buzzy and uninspiring.  However, I instantly took to Massive X.  I made more patches in the first month with Massive X than I did with the OG version in the previous 10 years.  I have countless "bonus" Massive patches that vendors included with sample packs that exist only so the vendor can say"100 Massive patches included"  That's the feeling I get when previewing the Massive X patches in this library.

There are also a few Monark presets included, mostly deep bass patches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1