Midi note length change long notes

Max Arwood

Select the clip, then Edit > Find/Change.  Or Edit > Select by Filter (uses the same dialog as Find), and then enter a percentage in the Duration field of the Event Inspector module in the Control Bar. Find/Change will only let you change to a fixed duration.

• Thanks 1

I can't do a percent because it has very short notes from  25 to very long noted 10:250.  I just want to shorten to "too long" notes.

When I go to filter I do not see length. I see tick but I don't think it is length. It does not seem to work like I think. Is ticks length? or start point?

I tried to select them manually but it is a real pain! (even in groups of notes)

Thanks for any further assistance. I know this could easily be done in cal, but I barely know how to use it much less program it.

If cal could just select notes from x beats to y beats I could use % to shrink them.  I don't know how to change all selected notes to a certain amount like 1/2 notes.

Thanks again for any help!

10 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

I just want to shorten to "too long" notes.

That's where Edit > Select by Filter comes in.

- Select the clip.

- Edit > Select by Filter.

- Click the Select None button, then re-enable the Notes checkbox.

- Enter Min and Max Duration values. and OK.

- If you then look in the PRV, you'll see that only notes with matching long durations are selected.

- Enter an appropriate percentage in the Event Inspector, hit Enter, and watch those notes shorten.

Edited by David Baay
  • Thanks 1