Native Instruments plug-in compatibility with Cakewalk

Jim Noecker

Are native Instruments plug-ins compatible with Cakewalk?  In particular I want to use the Realitone RealiWhistle plug-in that requires NI's Kontakt, but it will also apparently work with the free version of Kontakt with some limitations.  I will purchase the plug-in if I know Cakewalk will recognize it.

I think there are many users of Cakewalk who are successfully running Kontakt, including myself.  I don't have the free player so you will have to test that one on your own but there should be no reason that you cannot run Kontakt player with Cakewalk. I would suggest downloading the free player and seeing if it scans and can be placed in Cakewalk then you will know it will work on your particular setup.

Cakewalk doesn't actually have to "recognize" the RealiWhistle library, just Kontakt itself. Any library you can load into Kontakt will be fine with Cakewalk. The only time you'll have problems is if the library requires a newer version of Kontakt than what you're running, or, rarely, a library that needs more memory than your computer has.