configuring behringer umc22 to cakewalk

andrew77

Question

hi ,  help needing setting up Behringer UMC22 audo interface to cakewalk.

Plugged in guitar but no joy.  No indication its being seen.

Have downloaded latest software Asio.

In preferences in audio settings i have  Playback and Recording  driver mode set to  Asio.

In preferences in audio settings in devices both input and output says ASiO4ALL v 2 usb audio codec 1

However in the help pages on cakewalk it says  'Under the Audio section on the left, click on Devices

Make sure your Behringer U-PHORIA UMC22 card is selected under both inputs and outputs'. 

Should i see the words   'Behringer U-PHORIA UMC22'      

4 answers to this question

On 6/22/2021 at 10:32 PM, andrew77 said:

hi ,  help needing setting up Behringer UMC22 audo interface to cakewalk.

Plugged in guitar but no joy.  No indication its being seen.

Have downloaded latest software Asio.

In preferences in audio settings i have  Playback and Recording  driver mode set to  Asio.

In preferences in audio settings in devices both input and output says ASiO4ALL v 2 usb audio codec 1

However in the help pages on cakewalk it says  'Under the Audio section on the left, click on Devices

Make sure your Behringer U-PHORIA UMC22 card is selected under both inputs and outputs'. 

Should i see the words   'Behringer U-PHORIA UMC22'      

No. When inserting an Audio track select the appropriate inputs for the channel. I believe your interface has 2in/2out. Normally your right input on your interface is for guitars - so input 3/4(mono left and right) and 3+4 (Stereo) should be the right inputs.

Arm the track to test this. 

Im not too familiar with behringers interfaces. All I know it that they use "Asio4All"for their drivers. 

It would help to send some pictures.

Edited by Will_Kaydo

That totally sucks that those models use ASIO4all,  Generally it is not recommended to use anything but a proper ASIO driver with Cakewalk.Asio4 all is NOT a real asio driver. It is a wrapper.  If your using on board you can use WASAPI. But the real issue is you will not have proper synchronization because asio4all is just like all none ASIO drivers and it cannot properly report the round trip latency to Cakewalk. So the timing offset needs to be adjusted to make up for this. You will need to perform a loopback test to find out what your actual Round trip latency is first. 

Or better yet take that one back and get the next model up that comes with a proper ASIO driver.