Flux Analyzer Special

cclarry

On 6/23/2021 at 2:47 AM, sarine said:

Somewhat off-topic; I wonder why the IRCAM Studio (MSRP $499) is priced at $339, while IRCAM Trax (MSRP $399) is priced $399.

Studio includes Trax: https://shop.flux.audio/en_US/products/ircam-studio

It's not tagged as a discount.

Figured I'd get IRCAM Studio at $339 as the lowest I found it to have been was $249 on Black Friday 2019... Price went up to $449 after my purchase.

Trax went down to $359.

I guess  Trax and Studio are still discounted by $40 and $50 (which is not that significant at this price point) until Aug 2. I suppose it's possible there are other "hidden" discounts without the red price-cut marker text.

But it seems like EveryPlugin overlooks updating the prices sometimes. Their terms of service reserve them the right to cancel purchases in such cases, but they didn't, which is cool.

(still off-topic, but technically a deal which I didn't think deserved its own topic, so I just followed up on here)

On 6/27/2021 at 5:15 AM, sarine said:

Figured I'd get IRCAM Studio at $339 as the lowest I found it to have been was $249 on Black Friday 2019... Price went up to $449 after my purchase.

Trax went down to $359.

I guess  Trax and Studio are still discounted by $40 and $50 (which is not that significant at this price point) until Aug 2. I suppose it's possible there are other "hidden" discounts without the red price-cut marker text.

But it seems like EveryPlugin overlooks updating the prices sometimes. Their terms of service reserve them the right to cancel purchases in such cases, but they didn't, which is cool.

(still off-topic, but technically a deal which I didn't think deserved its own topic, so I just followed up on here)

How do younfind those ? Not to cpu heavy ? 

11 hours ago, Zo said:

How do younfind those ? Not to cpu heavy ? 

I got Trax in hopes of being able to voice-act multiple characters in a game, and Verb for creating realistic space around sound effects and speech.

I need to wait until I get a better mic before I can start fiddling with Trax more seriously. What I like so far is that even with the crappy, horribly noisy source material I've been able to create very convincing voice transformations. It's not a one-click wonder machine and it does things under the hood where you can't look and tweak, but with what you have it seems quite easy to begin homing in on "the" sound. It has optional 1x or 2x upsampling.

Compared to the other tools that do similar things and which I've tried, Trax just produces more realistic results. I can do the robot, demon, pipsqueak chipmunk etc. sound on pretty much anything that can do pitch and formant shifts, but with this thing I was for the first time able to turn an adult man into a little girl that sounded eerily realistic. The source being horrible quality and recorded without taking this into account, the prosody was still off, so the illusion wasn't quite there yet, but eerily close. I feel optimistic about using Trax for acting multiple voices, after I get familiar with the process and take that knowledge to the recording stage where most of the work gets done by altering my speech in ways that make it easiest for Trax to transform it into the target character's voice in a clean way.

I haven't played much with the Verb yet, and I'm not a reverb afficionado by any stretch, so suffice it to say that to me the spaces it creates sound very, very immersive, and perhaps in some way more clean than other reverbs I've used (and like for other reasons). I only tried presets and a little tweaking of parameters so far, but it seems like Verb doesn't really add any "special sauce" to the sound but rather creates a sense of a real, tangible space around it, and that's all. Not sure how desirable that would be in music production, compared to more "musical" reverbs with their coloring or mix-gluing [side-]effects.

Verb didn't seem to torture my CPU much at all (using the presets), but with upsampling and some other parameters tweaked I quickly found Trax can go heavier than any CPU can handle. That was before I found the multi-threading option in the settings.

Trax consists of three separate modules (separate plugins), of which one went bonkers when I adjusted some parameters in realtime while it was on the same insert chain with the transformer module (of which I spoke above), all sound stopped playing and even disabling the plugin wouldn't help. When I deleted the plugin from the chain, Nuendo crashed. 😞  Oh well.

Didn't have time for much more today...

Edited by sarine

1 hour ago, sarine said:

I got Trax in hopes of being able to voice-act multiple characters in a game, and Verb for creating realistic space around sound effects and speech.

I need to wait until I get a better mic before I can start fiddling with Trax more seriously. What I like so far is that even with the crappy, horribly noisy source material I've been able to create very convincing voice transformations. It's not a one-click wonder machine and it does things under the hood where you can't look and tweak, but with what you have it seems quite easy to begin homing in on "the" sound. It has optional 1x or 2x upsampling.

Compared to the other tools that do similar things and which I've tried, Trax just produces more realistic results. I can do the robot, demon, pipsqueak chipmunk etc. sound on pretty much anything that can do pitch and formant shifts, but with this thing I was for the first time able to turn an adult man into a little girl that sounded eerily realistic. The source being horrible quality and recorded without taking this into account, the prosody was still off, so the illusion wasn't quite there yet, but eerily close. I feel optimistic about using Trax for acting multiple voices, after I get familiar with the process and take that knowledge to the recording stage where most of the work gets done by altering my speech in ways that make it easiest for Trax to transform it into the target character's voice in a clean way.

I haven't played much with the Verb yet, and I'm not a reverb afficionado by any stretch, so suffice it to say that to me the spaces it creates sound very, very immersive, and perhaps in some way more clean than other reverbs I've used (and like for other reasons). I only tried presets and a little tweaking of parameters so far, but it seems like Verb doesn't really add any "special sauce" to the sound but rather creates a sense of a real, tangible space around it, and that's all. Not sure how desirable that would be in music production, compared to more "musical" reverbs with their coloring or mix-gluing [side-]effects.

Verb didn't seem to torture my CPU much at all (using the presets), but with upsampling and some other parameters tweaked I quickly found Trax can go heavier than any CPU can handle. That was before I found the multi-threading option in the settings.

Trax consists of three separate modules (separate plugins), of which one went bonkers when I adjusted some parameters in realtime while it was on the same insert chain with the transformer module (of which I spoke above), all sound stopped playing and even disabling the plugin wouldn't help. When I deleted the plugin from the chain, Nuendo crashed. 😞  Oh well.

Didn't have time for much more today...

Thks for the detailed feedback ....  !! Much appreciated !!