CA-2A /plugin problems on fresh install

I pulled an all nighter and then some going over every inch of my system to figure out the glitch/hiccup that was happening,

turned out to be the CA-2A ProChannel Plugin, it sounds exactly like a noise gate randomly closing, it just stops working for a second and comes back.  Causes the whole track to hiccup. I've used it for years without any problems prior to this. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help. removing it from the project and re-adding it didn't help.

I have this plugin all over tracks in tons of projects and if I have to get rid of it it's going to be a horrendous pain in the butt.

I literally was up all night troubleshooting this problem, there's no dialog box that tells you to activate? Like I've come to expect from all the rest? I was getting ready to RMA my motherboard and processor because I tried literally everything else.

This process was completely different than any other pro-channel plugin activation. I didn't even notice the tiny dropdown box for the menu on the prochannel plugin until I specifically was told to look for it. Really not cool CBB.

The CA-2A is an old Cakewalk product.

BandLab has no control over how that product is installed or activated.

CbB has no idea if a plug-in requires activation; if the scanner loads the plug-in, it is available to the DAW.

In this case, the plug-in loaded in demo mode. The plug-in status is shown in its about screen. Could it be more obvious, probably but this is how the plug-in has always worked.

The plug-in has always required activation.

The original version from 2013 used a serial number and registration code. IIRC. at the time, the plug-in prompted for this information.

The plug-in was one of the legacy products to receive a Command Center installer (mine shows a 2016 date). The Command Center automatically activates products. Cakewalk also provided manual processes documented in the link above. 

The Command Center only attempts to download the installer if it cannot find it in its cache. The default location for the Command Center download cache is "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Command Center\Downloads". The actual path to the cache is on the paths tab of its settings. Click the gear in the upper right of the Command Center to access settings.

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Jeremy Hewett said:

I didn't even notice the tiny dropdown box for the menu on the prochannel plugin

The good news is now you know where the help, photo-cell memory and sidechain settings are.

Indeed! I've used it all this time and never tried sidechaining it!?! 

I was just very frustrated with everything, had several hardware issues during this computer build concurrently with this, it was just the icing on the cake. I just freshly reinstalled everything from X2 to CBB and thought I activated all the Prochannel plugins, I don't ever remember activation for anything being like that.  I guess it's been on my old machine longer than I thought and perhaps overconfident of me to install everything at once without making sure they were all activated individually. 

Best practices from the day Gibson dropped the bomb was to  run Update everything in CCC and copy the download folder mentioned by Steve to a dozen back up drives. There’s possibly $1,000 + worth of stuff in there. 
Also we made a document with all the serials and activation codes. Including your Single Sign on information. 
Now when I rebuild I install CCC and copy the download folder back up into the new folder. 
When I run the installers it doesn’t need to download the files.