Image-Line not selling VST plugins "at this time" (Not-a-deal)

sarine

Alternate title: PWYW to get F'd in the A by I-L

In all seriousness, while doing the mandatory research to guide my decision of whether or not to purchase Image-Line Harmor (supposedly a very nice additive synth), upon checking the horse's mouth (i.e. the product page) I saw this:

1923941C-A0CD-4586-9AFD-25FAAC7003E2.thumb.jpeg.ecbc2b364b7b5a8be88ea0e42b124704.jpeg

So I checked another plugin I was interested in, and another... and they all say the same thing.

Does anyone know why, and what does "at this time" mean?

Is this a M1 Apple panic thing, or are they about to shut you out of using their plugins outside of FLStudio?

A quick search found this Reddit thread from two months ago

...which has the expected information to noise ratio.

I think I have read that the plug-in earnings weren't that good. On the other hand - no Mac version, no updates, etc - what did they expect? They always treated it as a "lesser sibling" product and lo and behold, they didn't sell that much.

Ok, this person thinks he has read something, and then speculates some more, that I now think I have read. But is there truth to it?

(my apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I haven't seen it and this is kind of topical with the Harmor being -50% at PluginBoutique)

I went ahead and bought Harmor from PluginBoutique. They provide the installer, labeled v1.3.1, but is in fact 1.3.13. The newest version downloadable from Image-Line is 1.3.39.

Also bought Sakura from Sweetwater and while Image-Line still provides VST installers and the plugins and activation work, I wonder if the products are now practically EOL.

2 hours ago, sarine said:

I went ahead and bought Harmor from PluginBoutique. They provide the installer, labeled v1.3.1, but is in fact 1.3.13. The newest version downloadable from Image-Line is 1.3.39.

Also bought Sakura from Sweetwater and while Image-Line still provides VST installers and the plugins and activation work, I wonder if the products are now practically EOL.

They are moving away from the 3rd party VST business.  If you have access to their forum they explain why.  They prefer to spend more time making their DAW one of the best ones out there.   Anything new is going to be for FL Studio.  They will update those plugins but if you run a Mac I'd say buyer beware,

Harmor is really great looks like a rocket science to use.   After some tutorials it's easier than it looks.

I paid a lot of money for it when it came out.   I have everything for FL and one of the last users to get the VST package. 

• Thanks 1