Hello ^^ first song posted

Esther Brulard

• 2 weeks later...

just piling on the compliments - great vocal mixing ear candy, and when there's no ear candy, your voice still conveys everything super clearly. Love the bounce this song has.

You might shorten your intro groove from what sounds like eight bars to four, just as an experiment? And/or maybe add a lead instrument playing a brief hook? Something in the first bit to pull us in a little harder might be an idea.

cheers, looking forward to hearing more of your work!

-Tom

• Like 1

Greetings!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting a link to your music.  Your vocal performance reminds me of Annie Lennox while the arrangement, particularly the use of effects, reminds me of the sound of a Tears for Fear recording.

On 6/4/2021 at 11:31 PM, Esther Brulard said:

Hello! I'm new here but I've used Cakewalk for a while,even  when it calls Sonar. This is my latest song :

Hello. I like a lot. Congratulations, very good job.  I hope you send us more songs 🙂 

P.S. I also just arrived at the forum, I am Nio from Seville, Spain.

See you soon

Sorry if I made some error, I dont know how work this forum very well

Edited by Nio Sebez
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 7:44 PM, Jim Fogle said:

Greetings!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting a link to your music.  Your vocal performance reminds me of Annie Lennox while the arrangement, particularly the use of effects, reminds me of the sound of a Tears for Fear recording.

Annie Lennox wow it's a great compliment ^^ thank you

• Like 1

Hi Esther!

Really enjoyed the song. It has a nice energy. It was mentioned here that the vocals may be a bit up front. Obviously these are matters of taste specific for whatever or target market and audience are.  If you wanna explore some of the feedback of our fellow KWalkers here, there’s a fairly easy trick to keep vocals up front but more inside the mix. If you roll off the bottom end with a high pass and  a -6db curb from about 300-400 Htz before compression, it takes away some of the proximity effect of the mic.. This normally helps the lead vocals sit in the mix without having to compete for dynamics. You can sweep the frequency higher or lower until you find the sweet spot in your specific mix. It’s all a matter of taste, of course. 
Great job already. Love your voice and your energy. The song is ready. 

Be well. 
😊

On 6/30/2021 at 5:37 AM, Miguel Carzola said:

Hi Esther!

Really enjoyed the song. It has a nice energy. It was mentioned here that the vocals may be a bit up front. Obviously these are matters of taste specific for whatever or target market and audience are.  If you wanna explore some of the feedback of our fellow KWalkers here, there’s a fairly easy trick to keep vocals up front but more inside the mix. If you roll off the bottom end with a high pass and  a -6db curb from about 300-400 Htz before compression, it takes away some of the proximity effect of the mic.. This normally helps the lead vocals sit in the mix without having to compete for dynamics. You can sweep the frequency higher or lower until you find the sweet spot in your specific mix. It’s all a matter of taste, of course. 
Great job already. Love your voice and your energy. The song is ready. 

Be well. 
😊

Yes, right, obviously  this voice needs extra eqs. It's a topline, meaning that a singer will put his vocals instead of this example. Thank you for your listening and advice!

Esther,

J'aime votre chanson et votre mix, et de très bonnes voix. Bien que la piste d'accompagnement de la musique soit bonne, j'entends cette chanson comme un peu plus edgier, c'est-à-dire des guitares et un rythme de batterie plus entraînant pour correspondre à la puissance vocale et à la performance. Juste une opinion et il est bon tel quel. Si vous allez expérimenter avec elle plus, Je pourrais envisager un peu plus difficile de conduire des tambours.

Cordialement

@markno999 oh vous parlez le français ^^ super! Je ne pense pas retoucher à la rythmique, la chanson est déjà choisie par un interprète, il l'a validée ainsi.

@jwnicholson78 Thank you!

@David Sprouse maybe it's my accent. And also my english. This is the words : It doesn't make sense, Couldn't I run again the distance?

I take a new chance, and you know I've made it my whole existence.

Gotta feel the pressures down

It's been a hard day, hard day

I pick a fate and do my plans

When they say, they say :

"It's not allowed, it's too late, there's no way

You will get tired to wait for a sunray"

It doesn't make sense, Couldn't I run again the distance?

I take a new chance, and tou know I've made it my whole existence.

It doesn't make sense,

I'll take a new chance, as long as my heartbeat breaks through the silence