Recording Gig Performer3 in Cakewalk

Mesh

I've been trying to use GP3 (with Voicemeeter Banana) to set up in Cakewalk, but have been unsuccessful.  In Audio setup, I can only choose my audio interface (Axe I/O ASIO) or the Voicemeeter virtual ASIO. 

I just couldn't get my AXE I/O to be the "Audio In" and the Voicemeeter virtual ASIO to be the "Audio Out"..... it only gives me the option of picking AXE ASIO for both or Voicemeeter for both (audio in & out).  

Would appreciate any tips on how to set this up as I'd love to record GP3 in Cakewalk.

qIpXm2.jpg

OR

mhR8DE.jpg

RAx6hU.jpg

Below is a screenshot from the link below, but I just can't it to use both like they've done.

image.png.f89ccd86a00fbf2d2f21423985b11f89.png

https://gigperformer.com/recording-your-gig-performer-performance-with-a-daw/

21 hours ago, John Vere said:

Why bother? It doesn't do anything your interface needs to work. There's been a few posts where people were using this and so I tried it myself and came to the conclusion it's more or less useless. 

Playing through GP3, I noticed a big difference (in tone/feel) than when I play through a DAW.

Fitzroy put it very nicely here:  'It feels quite organic, being able to save tweakable instrument/effect chains and build your own interface with the controls you want. It's definitely more 'analogue' feeling than a DAW and great to just play through.' 

.....and that's why I bother. ;)

Woops, I was refering to Viocemeeter- There's been a few posts about it so I downloaded it and fired it up. It really didn't seem to do anything Windows already does if you know were to look. 

But that said I bet the solution would be an audio interface with loopback. Most new interfaces have this feature and it's big asset is either live streaming or using stand alone synths. Anything Windows can play becomes an input to your DAW.  You can get an interface with Loopback for $100.