Cakewalk on AMD and Intel

Gabe De Liso

Question

Hello everyone, I am new here and new on Cakewalk. Let me share what I have. Both PC's are OEM.Windoes 10 Pro. I have both Asus Tuff motherboards First one is a Asus Tuff with an intel  6700 4.0GHZ and 32 Gig memory 500mb M.2 nvme and 4gig Nvidia GeForce GTX 105Ti  gpu. The second asus is using AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.7 Ghz.  32 gig memory, Radeon RX 580 and 1tb M.2 nvme. Both PC's have Cakewalk by Bandlab installed. I will refer just to the Cpu to simplify.  So here we go. On the first CPU, Intel, in application in the Preferences under the edit menu under audio devices selected shows the check mark on the box Realtek ASIO HD Audio input 1 under Input Drivers field. Second field below show all four check marks related to the top- Realtek ASIO HD audio output 1,3.5.7.  My playback through my PC output.  Selecting Focusrite 2i2 3rd gen will playback through the USB audio device headset and cancels the pc audio out. No problems at all here.  Now here we come to the second PC Ryzen AMD. Going through same setup process but the application will not see the Realtek at all and doesn't ever show up as Cakewalk does not see the Realtek anywhere.  So playback is silent.  But through the focusrite 2i2 headset the audio works great. Output on pc is silent when audio interface is disconnected. Why why why. With other programs the application will auto defalut or some other need to setup.  Everything is identical and these are low level hardware components not for gaming but enough to do music and graphic. That's all I really wanted to do  I did uninstall on the AMD system and I came to the same problem. Stuck in registry? maybe? I don't know what to make of it.  Scrap and start over?   Too much to do.  Can anyone with this similar issue suggest something.  I would love to hear what is to resolve of this. If not then I will decide its fate  and start over when the moon turns blue. Thanks for your time.

1 answer to this question