How to make Cakewalk not take all my screen real estate...

Hello everyone,

I feel a little silly asking this ... I'm not exactly a newbie, I've been using Cakewalk since 1993.  But it's been about 15 years since I last used it, so a few things are unfamiliar.

I'm doing voiceover, and I'm most comfortable in Cakewalk having spent many hours on it over years.  I bought a new 32" monitor so there would be enough screen real estate for a DAW, a page of copy to read, and a window to control my audio interface.  Problem is, Cakewalk insists on taking the full screen.  Every other DAW I've looked at allows me to run in a sizeable window.

How can I make Cakewalk run in a sizeable window, or at least a smaller one?

Thank you!

10 minutes ago, Thomas Macfarlane said:

No you can't. Cakewalk is a Full Screen software for 14 years. 

Just kidding.

It seems that Full Screen mode is active. You can switch it back to normal by clicking the Full Screen icon which is at the right top of the window.

image.png.618278ded82b77239eb4f0f05fcc0420.png

4 hours ago, Thomas Macfarlane said:

Just wondering if a custom workspace (the Cakewalk feature) would meet your needs.

Clarification: in combination with closing Cakewalk in non-maximized mode.  Like this:

image.thumb.png.bd27894251442b5fa8386f61d04bae50.png

ADDENDUM:  I just revisited my monitor's "Display Manager" (which I haven't looked at in a few years). It works to put Cakewalk in a specific box with a specific size rather than having it as a floating non-maximized program. Using F11 [Full Screen Mode] in combination with the Display Manager (quick expand) seems like it might be handy!  Thanks for asking the question and to murat k. for the reminder about the F11 option.  I might be able to use this.

image.png.c020c69ad394d2afc92e9372ab91b4b2.png 

Edited by User 905133
addendum added re: Display Manager option; to add a clarification: using a customized Workspace in combination with Cakewalk's non-maximized saved location and size.
  • Like 1