Themes Editor Blues

John Vere

I only have one gripe about the Tungstun Theme and that is the Black PVR screen. Years ago I fixed this and saved a custom Theme as "My Tungstun" It still shows on both my computers as an option but as most will know you can't use these anymore or your workspace graphics will go nuts. Half of the icons are hidden etc. 

So after putting this off for a few years I really need to make this one change and I have basically given up after (only) an hour of trying to figure this out. 

So I opened the theme editor and opened and saved "My Tungsten" and according to directions this should update this theme to the currant format. Nope, Still screwed up. 

S0 I loaded the default Tungsten theme and tried my best to modify it so the PVR is white.. I get different variations all of which are unusable!! 

OK so I could use Mercury which solves the PVR issue but now I'm a bit peeved I have a very  bright pastel looking track view!! Why on earth do we only have 2 bad choices and are forced to use a theme editor that only a very advanced programmer could possibly figure out. 

So does anybody out there have a modified Tungsten with a white background on the PVR? I'll send a virtual bottle of Whiskey if you do! 

Sir... Please go to Preferences > Customization > Colors and select Color Category: Piano Roll View.

Next find and change colors to:

PRV Black Keys Background (Db/Eb) (double set of black keys)

PRV Black Keys Background (Gb/Ab/Bb) (triple set of black keys)

PRV Grid Background (white keys & CC Pane)

Click OK

All set.

Save the color set for easy recall.

Contrary to the description, these do NOT change the actual key colors but the PRV background they represent.

You can also change the entire color set to Normal3 for a light PRV.

Can I get a barrel of Root Beer sent to my virtual address instead??? :D

Edited by sjoens