Enhancement: track view collapse take lanes with track

David Beard

I have a request.  Excuse me if this has been posted before.  When I collapse a track in track view (double up arrow button) if the track's take/automation lanes are expanded they remain expanded and the take lane collapse button is no longer visible.  To collapse the lanes I have to expand the track to make the lane collapse buttons visible, collapse the lanes, then collapse the track.  By habit I collapse tracks first without thinking and seem to never learn to collapse lanes first.  Could the track collapse button behavior be changed to collapse the lanes along with the track?  It seems intuitive that if you collapse a track you want anything associated with it collapsed.

If that's not possible could the lane collapse buttons remain visible with the track collapsed?

Thanks, Dave

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2021 at 7:48 PM, David Beard said:

I have a request.  Excuse me if this has been posted before.  When I collapse a track in track view (double up arrow button) if the track's take/automation lanes are expanded they remain expanded and the take lane collapse button is no longer visible.  To collapse the lanes I have to expand the track to make the lane collapse buttons visible, collapse the lanes, then collapse the track.  By habit I collapse tracks first without thinking and seem to never learn to collapse lanes first.  Could the track collapse button behavior be changed to collapse the lanes along with the track?  It seems intuitive that if you collapse a track you want anything associated with it collapsed.

If that's not possible could the lane collapse buttons remain visible with the track collapsed?

Thanks, Dave

Bumping and adding my support for this request. Collapsing the track should also collapse the automation/take lanes associated with it.

• Like 1

Should *optionally*: I'd suggest alt/shift clicking the collapse widget does a full collapse (and doing the same to a closed track should put it back to the previously expanded state).

• Like 1