Track is recording notes from a separate track

Michael Treder

Question

4 answers to this question

On 3/30/2021 at 9:49 PM, msmcleod said:

Disable the MIDI output of your drum VSTi:

Or alternatively set the MIDI input filter on your recording MIDI track to "All External Inputs"

I have a similar problem, though is not just the drum track, but with certain, almost random, track. The input is setup to all external input, and midi output from vsti is disabled. It doesn't happen when I select as input the midi keyboard that i'm using. But then I would need to put it as input for each time I make a new track. And change it, again, if for any casual I decide to get a new midi keyboard.

Edited by Mokru

I always choose my controller as the track input. Takes 2 seconds 

I always thought this should have a saved preferences option. 
The add tracks dialogue will maintain the choice until you close the project. 

You can also use track templates. 

Edited by John Vere

I have a similar problem: When I try to play drums for example using my midi controller also another track is playing with a different instrument. It's weird from the user experience standpoint that  one can't just select a track and play/use/record it without manipulating the settings 🤯 Shouldn't it be the exception that you choose to play multiple tracks simultaneously????  Not the rule.

Also, when trying to select just a single clip on the timeline, it sometimes automatically selects all the rest of the clips and even clips from other tracks, even when I just want to select and delete/move/manipulate one specific clip. I tried to "separate from group" also but nothing happened. 

I'm just trying to learn the software (I'm used to using Logic Pro) and can't figure these things out by myself. So I need some help! 🤠