Help! Cakewalk/Kontakt does not recognize the midi files

santiago sk

Hello everyone.

First i want to apologize if this topic is in the wrong place. If it is so, pleaselet me know.

Unfortunately I don't have a midi keyboard yet so the way I am inputing tracks in Cakewalk is with midis that I already have. So I write the music in a music editing program and then export the midi file. Then I add an Instrument track in cakewalk cause I want to use my libraries in kontakt and then add the midi file to the track. The problem is that it just doesn't sound. In the piano roll and in the staff I can see the notes from the midi, but it just doesn't sound. But if I draw notes, those notes I draw do sound. So what i see is that there is no conflict between cakewalk and kontakt. The issue is that cakewalk just doesn't read or recognize the midi files that I am inputing or that it is unable to assing sounds to the notes from a midi file, I know the solution is possibly a specific configuration and that it is easy to fix. I just cannot get it to work and I don't want to draw every single note. 

If any of you all know the solution, please let me know. I'll be really thankful. 

By the way. As you can guess I am brand new to this programs. 

Thank you so much.

First step would be to make sure the track you are outputting midi from is is pointing to kontakt. You do this by looking for the small :  O :  icon,  ( O stands for output  - C stands for channel and B stands for bank.........right click it and set the track output to kontakt.  Is the Music editing program saving the file as Midi type 1?  You should check that as well. If you are playing back a single midi channel - you should check that the channel is set to omni.

• Like 1