Solved -now a Chat.

Michael Fogarty

one challenge for a new CPU (likely the best path for this MOBO) is the LGA1155 socket was superseded in 2013... so you're going to be limited to older Intel CPU (which from a price perspective may be good).  an i7-3770K seems like it would be a small performance increase but 4 more cores and threads may be bigger than simple comparison shows: https://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/583/Intel_Core_i5_i5-3570K_vs_Intel_Core_i7_i7-3770K.html i'd update the CPU first then add RAM if you're loading large libraries/samples.

On 2/13/2021 at 12:30 AM, Glenn Stanton said:

one challenge for a new CPU (likely the best path for this MOBO) is the LGA1155 socket was superseded in 2013... so you're going to be limited to older Intel CPU (which from a price perspective may be good).  an i7-3770K seems like it would be a small performance increase but 4 more cores and threads may be bigger than simple comparison shows: https://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/583/Intel_Core_i5_i5-3570K_vs_Intel_Core_i7_i7-3770K.html i'd update the CPU first then add RAM if you're loading large libraries/samples.

thanks. I guess you somehow saw the old post. Deleted post because talked to my computer technician and he is basically saying what you did. I am at Gen 3 so best route to really improve speed would be a new computer. Maybe I am fine where I am. Appreciated. Edit, on a side note I see you have the Avantones. Do you like them? Tempting. I have the original Auratones.

Edited by Michael Fogarty

i only have a single avantone cube for mono listening, and i like it. i use it extensively during mixing. the cool thing is when you final think your mix is sounding good, then you flip to the bigger stereo monitors and - wow!

i am thinking of the new NS-10 active clones which have decent reviews.

Edited by Glenn Stanton

9 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

i only have a single avantone cube for mono listening, and i like it. i use it extensively during mixing. the cool thing is when you final think your mix is sounding good, then you flip to the bigger stereo monitors and - wow!

i am thinking of the new NS-10 active clones which have decent reviews.

I have the HS50m's which are very close to the NS10M's which I have in the closet.  I have a love hate relationship with all of my speakers except the Dynaudio. Actually for the Auratones Ihave started using them recently for tracking when recording by myself - especially digital piano. You can really hear the harshness and work with the velocities and your own touch. I have them sitting on my piano for that reason. Nice chatting with you.

Studio 1a.jpg

• Like 1