sustain pedal crash

Jmus

15 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

ok - everything looks ok there.

I think the best thing is to get a crash dump from when CbB crashes, and send it to @Jonathan Sasor.  We can then look at exactly what is happening.

Try to do it with the smallest project possible.

Details on getting a crash dump are here: 

Thanks Mark, will get onto this tomorrow. Will create a small project with one soft synth, and use sustain peal to create crash

Have identified a particular soft synth and program that creates the crash, specifically Aria player with the CFX concert grand. Any other soft synth piano is fine with the sustain pedal. Have generated a ticket with Garritan. Will still find the dump file and send in as it may shed light?

3 hours ago, Jill Jarman said:

Have identified a particular soft synth and program that creates the crash, specifically Aria player with the CFX concert grand. Any other soft synth piano is fine with the sustain pedal. Have generated a ticket with Garritan. Will still find the dump file and send in as it may shed light?

No, I think the fact it's happening with a particular plugin put it firmly in the plugin's court.

Unfortunately plugins are in-process DLL's, so they run in the same process space as the host (CbB). This means any plugin has the potential to crash CbB.

In the meantime, if you've got JBridge you could try enabling the "Load using JBridge Wrapper" option  (you'll need to reload all instances of the plugin after changing this).  This will force the plugin to run in a separate JBridge process.  It may behave better there, or at worst, it'll crash JBridge and not CbB.

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

No, I think the fact it's happening with a particular plugin put it firmly in the plugin's court.

Unfortunately plugins are in-process DLL's, so they run in the same process space as the host (CbB). This means any plugin has the potential to crash CbB.

In the meantime, if you've got JBridge you could try enabling the "Load using JBridge Wrapper" option  (you'll need to reload all instances of the plugin after changing this).  This will force the plugin to run in a separate JBridge process.  It may behave better there, or at worst, it'll crash JBridge and not CbB.

Thanks for all your help. I've learned about rewire in the process!

Still not sure why it doesn't crash in Sonar, yet crashes in Bandlab.

I will post back when Garritan reply as it may prove useful for someone else. Maybe an update with windows or something conflicted with CFX grand - it used to work fine so something has changed somewhere.

Edited by Jill Jarman

7 hours ago, Jill Jarman said:

Thanks for all your help. I've learned about rewire in the process!

Still not sure why it doesn't crash in Sonar, yet crashes in Bandlab.

I will post back when Garritan reply as it may prove useful for someone else. Maybe an update with windows or something conflicted with CFX grand - it used to work fine so something has changed somewhere.

Actually, that's interesting... so it might well be worth sending a minidump to @Jonathan Sasor just in case it is something Cakewalk's side.

If nothing else, it might point Garritan in the right direction.

On 2/12/2021 at 11:10 PM, msmcleod said:

Actually, that's interesting... so it might well be worth sending a minidump to @Jonathan Sasor just in case it is something Cakewalk's side.

If nothing else, it might point Garritan in the right direction.

Just heard back from Garritan via Make music. Apparently this issue has been reported by others and they are working with Bandlab to find a solution. 

Re minidump: It doesn't generate one unfortunately