Severe Audio Dropouts

I've read all the tips on how to fix Audio Dropouts, but I've never seen anything like this. My system was working just fine until a week or so ago. I went to work on a project in Cakewalk and I got the Audio Dropout banner. I thought maybe it was due to the new driver for the TASCAM US16x08 audio interface because not only does Cakewalk not work with it, but neither does Sound Forge or Band-In-A-Box. They all fail if you use the ASIO driver. They all work with MME or WDM, but who wants to use those? At first I thought it was the US-16x08 and I was about ready to send it in for repair after working with an agent for an hour or more, but before I did, I installed Cakewalk and the US16x08 on an old laptop I had and it worked just fine. I've run anti-virus, and anti-malware scans to no avail. I tried the latency monitor and that didn't find anything. I've uninstalled the TASCAM driver and Cakewalk by Bandlab several time with no improvement. I've made sure I have the latest version of Windows. If I run the micro versions of Rapture or Dimension Pro, I get no sound from them using the ASIO driver. In Cakewalk, I don't even have to load a project for it to fail. If I just press play with no project loaded, in 5 seconds I get the audio dropout. I've never seen anything like this and I've been using Cakewalk for many years. I went throught the Device Manager looking for problems, updated some of the drivers that needed it. Nothing. This is my last resort before I do a complete rebuild of Windows 10. From what I can tell, it defininitely has something to do with the ASIO driver, but I can't find a remedy and I think I've done all the obvious and not-so obvious ones. Everything else on the computer works normally.  Thanks in advance. 

UPDATE:  I had to reset Windows 10 and reinstall all my apps to fix this problem. :(

Edited by David A. White
Status update

19 hours ago, David A. White said:

TASCAM US16x08 audio interface because not only does Cakewalk not work with it, but neither does Sound Forge or Band-In-A-Box. They all fail if you use the ASIO driver. They all work with MME or WDM, but who wants to use those?

WDM driver is just fine.

With some sound cards, like the TASCAM,  the ASIO driver mode is a POS.  If WDM gives you better performance, that use it. 

IIRC, TASCAM never had good ASIO drivers for windows