Windows update killed my computer

Squire

A recent windows update started making Cakewalk buggy, I was having issues whenever I used Bounce to clip, and even more issues if I tried to open Melodyne. I tried rolling back the update, but I'd left it longer than 10days, and Windows screwed me on that. Now it's done more updates and things got worse, my latency is screwed. trying to use Amplitube, and the signal is very late & isn't clear. I've tried uninstalling these recent updates, but it's made no difference. it's *****ed.

Assuming you're on Windows 10, can you do a system restore? that's what I do in Win. 7 in this situation. But not being familiar with Win. 10 I don't know if this is an option. but that's what I would do, if I could. I would not be surprised if M$ took this feature away in Win. 10. After all, it was a great feature. and they have a history of killing great features. Anything to remove control from the user is a win,  in their thinking.

If the drivers were messed with by the Windows 10 update, then the latency settings could be invalid.

You could try resetting your audio config:
image.png.1b87ebce50b2deaa9b9bf0bb1a02f5fc.png

Failing that, exit Cakewalk, rename AUD.INI to AUD.INI.bak within  %APPDATA%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\ , and restart Cakewalk.

• Like 2