I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to activate free a program

jade

I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to activate this new free cakewalk program.

I am logged in here on this forum with a bandlab account but when I try to log into this link below my  email doesn't work

https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2fMy-Account%2fOffline-Activation

I have had a lifetime of password pain already. This is too hard. I just want to work on my music.

When I try to create a new account it says new accounts are suspended.

I am working online why doesnt any of this work automatically is it because of a firewall?

Edited by jade

The url is the old Cakewalk site.

You will need access to your old account for old products but not for anything to do with Cakewalk by BandLab.

Email service for the old Cakewalk site was turned off when Gibson shut down the company.

Fortunately support@cakewalk.com the new BandLab support email site for Cakewalk by BandLab can restore access to your old Cakewalk account.

Initial activation for Cakewalk by BandLab should happen through BandLab Assistant.

It uses the same password as your BandLab account and this forum.

Everything except the CbB documentation on the old site is the old Cakewalk company. The old site is useful to gain access to your old purchases, documentation, knowledge base and forum history. The support page is old, do not use it.

The email above is the new support link

The new support web page is https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us

The forum you figured out.

The difference is it was called Sonar for many years,  and now it is called Cakewalk. They took a while to figure out what to call it when they took over, but thought keeping the Cakewalk name was a good idea. Therefore Cakewalk by Bandlab was settled on.  It is really Cakewalk Sonar Platinum and now with a lot of updates. 

A lot of free deals on software and VST plug ins often involve a hair pulling rite of passage. I just scored a few fee VST's and it took me a few hours to finally get it sorted out with the  activations. It's hard work with a reward at the end. The plethora of free software is amazing, don't complain if it takes some farting around to get it up and running most times it's just a matter of reading the documentation they supply. 

Thanks everyone for helping me get started with the new CbB cakewalk package. I am glad I changed over, I completed our first song yesterday. Even the same LAME settings ported over which is great. I also remember when it was called Cakewalk before so the name is good for me, providing I can find the new relevant information. It is a better name than Sonar. I especially want to thank the Bandlab team for making all this possible.

Edited by jade
  • Like 1