CbB Midi Controller Issue

imaxeman69

I've had the same Alesis V49 connected to CbB now for a few years. Never an issue. All of the sudden, Cakewalk won't play any midi. If I use it as a stand alone, it works fine. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting. New Projects. Old Projects. same old thing. Any Ideas?

Only changes are the latest update. Also, I noticed yesterday, it did work, but I couldn't get the latency to a usable setting which I never had a problem before. Today, it doesn't work at all.

I don't have any specific answers for you except check that the midi track's input is set for your controller, that your controller is still setup in Cakewalk correctly and that you see midi activity in the midi track when you hit a key.

Things to check:

- Did the midi channel of the controller get set or changed?

- Can you record midi onto a midi track but just not hear the audio?

Thanks Reg.

It is and I've even tried to arm the track for recording. Not sure where to look for midi activity. 

- Did the midi channel of the controller get set or changed? I'm receiving on Omni and it works as a stand alone controller with the same plugin (Addictive Keys)

- Can you record midi onto a midi track but just not hear the audio? Haven't tried that.