Theme editor Update?

John Vere

A few updates back it would seem any custom themes caused a glitch in the new graphics. Only example I see so far is the pro channel toggle in the inspector is half hidden.  

Question 1, are there other missing graphics if I use a custom theme? 

And question 2, are they planning on updating the theme editor so this won't happen.

I  have one HUGE reason to use custom themes and that's to get back a white background for the PVR.  

For now I either put up with Mercury or hope I'm not missing important GUI features. 

It seems like a small thing but the graphics DO make your DAW experience better.  

I thought it was pretty rude to change the PVR background without asking me first! 

1. Depends on the theme. Old SONAR themes and CbB themes made prior to 2020.04 must be updated. User themes for CbB are discussed here. I believe all the themes discussed in that forum are current.

2. This is how the theme editor works. Adding/removing images and colors do not break themes. It can cause a theme to be inconsistent but this is a cosmetic problem. Image geometry changes like the ones in 2020.04 require updates to user themes. These changes were detailed in

Fortunately these changes are rare.

• Thanks 1

So what your saying is I simply make my custom theme in the latest theme editor. I didn't realise it had been updated. I'll try that. 

I found an easy solution. While looking for the location of the theme editor I noticed the menu below Themes called Colours. I used this to change the PVR grid lines to white and problem solved. 

Edited by John Vere