uninstall - reinstall options

brandon

Running uninstall and install from BA does not affect the Add-ons.

It will uninstall and re-install everything in the main installer such as the plug-ins in the "Shared" folders (TTS-1, Sonitus, PC modules, plug-in manager, VST scanner...).

Performing a clean install removes everything including the Add-ons. Be aware step 9 of the clean install instructions

Open the following directories and delete their contents: C:\Program Files\Cakewalk and C:\Program Files(x86)\Cakewalk

will remove the Vstplugins folders. This may not be a good idea if these folders are used for 3rd party plug-ins.

Thanks Scook so in step 9 is there an option not to delete the contents of the stated directories?

Also on an uninstall/reinstall am i right in thinking I wont need to download the programme again - the original download will still be on my PC?

Rarely is a clean install necessary. In general, it should only be done if support recommends it. if you are posting questions about the process, it may be a good idea to contact support and see if this is the correct remedy for your problem or just run the uninstall and re-install from BA without all the clean up steps.

13 minutes ago, brandon said:

in step 9 is there an option not to delete the contents of the stated directories

Yes, don't do it. Removing the folder does not happen automatically. One could temporarily move the folder to somewhere else or delete everything except that folder.