Groove Monkee 45% off (anybody try the bass with EZBass)

Vernon Barnes

I think this sale has been on for a while and finishes on the 13th July.

I have some of the drum MIDI, and they are very good but I have never tried the bass. They may be something one could use in EZBass to improve transposition and chord change options.  I thinking I may pick up the Rock Songs pack and try. 

https://groovemonkee.com/collections/bass-loops

They have been pro-active and producing versions and updates for Drum software, I wonder if they will consider EZBass?

2 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I think this sale has been on for a while and finishes on the 13th July.

I have some of the drum MIDI, and they are very good but I have never tried the bass. They may be something one could use in EZBass to improve transposition and chord change options.  I thinking I may pick up the Rock Songs pack and try. 

https://groovemonkee.com/collections/bass-loops

They have been pro-active and producing versions and updates for Drum software, I wonder if they will consider EZBass?

You could write them. 

I corresponded with a guy there name Russ, who may be Mr. Monkee.   I made some suggestions about Groove Agent, which he took.  Very nice guy. 

But Groove Agent just uses pretty standard MIDI files.   EZBass uses very proprietary ones.  It remains to be seen whether they would give out their code to others.  How many third party EZKeys expansions do you know of?   And EZKeys is a much, much simpler instrument than EZBass.

I would guess that if you dragged these files into EZBass they would sound great from the beginning, as they have the timing and velocity that sounds like a real bass.  But then... you could take them a lot further with the unique EZBass articulations. 

Having said that, there's no reason why Russ couldn't do the same thing.  But Groove Monkee is a company that just sells MIDI recorded directly from real players.  EZBass is an instrument meant for programming, in my opinion.  MIght be more work than the payoff. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1