Aux tracks stop working when project closed/reopened

Nigel Mackay

Question

Version 2020.05. Windows 10. WASAPI shared.

Select audio track output and route it to New Aux Track, Route a few more audio tracks to this aux track. Rename the aux track by double-clicking on the name in the track. (If you select the Input entry -> Rename Patch Point it renames for routing but not display.) Everything works fine.

Save and close project. Hibernate PC. Wake up PC, open project - no audio routed through the aux track. Route audio to Master, works, route back to aux track, nothing.

Edited by Nigel Mackay

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Version 2020.05. Windows 10. WASAPI shared.

Select audio track output and route it to New Aux Track, Route a few more audio tracks to this aux track. Rename the aux track by double-clicking on the name in the track. (If you select the Input entry -> Rename Patch Point it renames for routing but not display.) Everything works fine.

Save and close project. Hibernate PC. Wake up PC, open project - no audio routed through the aux track. Route audio to Master, works, route back to aux track, nothing.

Just tried it here with your recipe and it worked fine here.  Routed 4 Simple Instrument soft synths to an AUX track and that AUX track to Master.

The only difference here is that instead of "Hibernate PC. Wake up PC" I did a full PC shut-down.  Also I use ASIO for my driver mode.

With yours, try the full PC shut-down instead of "Hibernate PC. Wake up PC" see what happens.