How to get window to open full?

tdehan

There are a number of options in Cakewalk for saving the size and position of windows.  We all have different preferences and opinions based on our workflows.

Some options I use: (1) maximize/dock floating windows [or un-collapse, depending on the window] and save the project, (2) save a screenset to slot 1 [or another one], and (3) use workspaces [Note: "None" as a Workspace should restore your UI to the last used configuration.  Also, Screensets work on a per project basis; Workspaces work globally--from project-to-project].

(1)   image.png.1427c20d03fe073253c7161ff4cf4d13.png                            (2)   image.png.60efcab270037c7015d1fa57b032ac04.png                            (3)   image.png.9a4b2b9ba37a31c95cec9542c1365954.png        

Assuming your file is a Cakewalk file (e.g., *.cwp), probably the easiest to to maximize (image 1 above) the floating window and resave it.  If it is a *.mid file (as in your example), you can maximize it and save it as a Cakewalk (*.cwp) file.

If you are doing this regularly with midi files (e.g., *.mid) you might want to use a workspace (image 3 above) that has a non-floating track view window. [For example, I just tested opening *.mid files with a custom Workspace and with the Advanced Workspace. Both allowed me top open midi files into a non-floating track view window automatically.] This way you won't have to re-save each file as a Cakewalk file.

I am sure there are other methods; these are just some I would use as a plain old user.  I hope they help.

Edited by User 905133
(3) "tend to use" --> "would use"; (2) to make clear two options based on *.mid files; (1) to add a few small things