Delete Time/Measures in MIDI track(s)?

Jeff Melton

Question

Is there as easy a way to delete time/measures from MIDI tracks as to insert it using the Project/"Insert Time/Measures..." menu option?  If so I'm missing it.  The MIDI I am working with was played in via an instrument and starts on Beat 2 of Measure 2 and I'd just like to get rid of that first beat in that second measure and shift everything to the left, so to speak...

I cannot seem to select that lead quarter rest with the selection tool to try and use "cut" on it, either.  It gets annoying because there are many subsequent measures of this sequence that end in half notes and these are all now tied across measures because the music is essentially shifted over one beat to the right.

BTW I tried to search the online help documentation and was consistently directed to the explanation for "Edit/Paste"...   Just want you all to know I'm trying to be self-sufficient here!!  I know you probably have something easy to do this with, it's just not readily apparent to me where it's at...

Thanks all for the fast responses to my newbie questions, BTW!  I really appreciate this as I come up the learning curve after being away for a while.  I used SONAR years ago and am getting my feet wet with CbB now.

1 answer to this question