Total Studio Max up to 75% off

cclarry

1 minute ago, Grem said:

I can say this much, Peter is a true member of the forum. He has helped many in his capacity as a IK rep. But to say he is a Troll is unfounded.

Thank you.  While I may or may not be Mr Ed, I also was not clear in my reply for a few reasons.  One being that Eric is straight up 100% legit - heck we even exchange ointment recommendations elsewhere in public so we're all good! -  so I should just let go of replying to aggressive misinformation that  sideswipes him due to being used as a tool for something technically nefarious but also technically not his fault.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grem said:

I can say this much, Peter is a true member of the forum. He has helped many in his capacity as a IK rep. But to say he is a Troll is unfounded.

Here here, the poor fellow has and does cop a lot a flac both here and at other places like KVR among others, and in the vast majority of cases handles himself very well, and those few occasions where he might apply a little to much acceleration and break traction, well you can hardly blame him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Grem said:

Peter might well not be a troll. Just a corporate rep with condescending, uninvited commentary over a customer giving up a purchase because a deal became a lesser deal, and others agreeing with him. 

I'm glad he's been helpful to you. Actually, he's been quite helpful to me, too, just in a different way. Illuminating, I'd say :)

2 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

Thanks, Peter.  Truth is, I understand some of Fitzroy's frustration but I'd be more angry about my government calling ANY tax "Value Added!!!"

Trust me, we wouldn't charge it if we didn't have to and I guess I have to state "this is my personal opinion" but I probably wouldn't be met with disagreement from my colleagues saying it sure isn't "value added".  Heck, here in the States we don't like single-digit % sales tax and frankly we seem to forget the roots of our country with regard to taxation.  I think on this side of the pond, it's the "with representation" that can be muddy.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ensconced said:

Here here, the poor fellow has and does cop a lot a flac both here and at other places like KVR among others, and in the vast majority of cases handles himself very well, and those few occasions where he might apply a little to much acceleration and break traction, well you can hardly blame him.

I'd say with regard to those moments where the traction slips that "I'm only human" but I believe I've been outed as otherwise.  Willllburrrrr ;)

• Haha 2

On 4/19/2020 at 7:48 AM, Lee D said:

By the way, just to make sure I'm not doing it the unnecessarily hard way, can someone verify that this is the way it should be done?

1) Download, install, and authorize the separate VST instruments.

2) Download the associated sound packs one by one as zip files from the website for each product.  You can at least control + click to select a few at a time.  I'm downloading them to my backup drive for archiving.

3) Unzip each of those zip files somewhere.  In my case, to the desktop.

4) Run the installer for each of those unzipped archives.  Then delete the unzipped folder from the desktop.

5) Run the appropriate product to update the database.

This takes literally days.  If I'm not doing it this stupidly long way, then it's really ridiculous that they haven't written some sort of tool to assist with this in some way.  The downloading one-by-one I can live with, but there should be a way to point the programs to a directory and tell them to install everything!

Thanks Lee. I run an offline DAW and wanted to check that it is possible to download the products onto a separate computer (my laptop) where I can take it to great internet. Then bring the products home and transfer them to my offline DAW and open/install them there. I don't mind if I have to quickly go on line just to authorize or activate. Is this possible? It sounds as though it might be if they are using zip files but just wanted to check.

Also, is there a guitar VSTi included of any kind? ie sampled electric guitar.

Edited by Tezza

@Peter - IK MultimediaI'm a little confused (and that's not hard, or surprising), and would just like a little clarification. My "Hello I'm Mr Ed" post had no meaning, it was just a little light hearted nothingness between the rising temperature, is there some 'unknown to me' meaning otherwise, I got a feeling after you posted "While I may or may not be Mr Ed . . ." that there may be something I'm not aware of,  I assure you there was no other meaning from my side.

Edited by ensconced
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tezza said:

Thanks Lee. I run an offline DAW and wanted to check that it is possible to download the products onto a separate computer (my laptop) where I can take it to great internet. Then bring the products home and transfer them to my offline DAW and open/install them there. I don't mind if I have to quickly go on line just to authorize or activate. Is this possible? It sounds as though it might be if they are using zip files but just wanted to check.

We have offline authorization so you'd still need to utilize that process but after that you should be good to go.  I believe the instructions are in the Installation & Authorization Manual and in our FAQ.

2 minutes ago, ensconced said:

@Peter - IK MultimediaI'm a little confused (and that's not hard, or surprising), and would just like a little clarification. My "Hello I'm Mr Ed" post had no meaning, it was just a little light hearted nothingness between the rising temperature, is there some 'unknown to me' meaning otherwise, I got a feeling after you posted "While I may or may not be Mr Ed . . ." that there may be something I'm not aware of,  I assure you there was no other meaning from my side.

I'm sorry I am laughing so it worked.  I took it as lighthearted and somewhat absurdist and love it.  I don't think you are accusing me of being a horse (a horse, of course of course).  I just liked the theme and ran with it.

But wait, does that now make me the horse's *****?  Dang it!  (seriously, I'm taking these shots at my own expense not implying you think this so we're all good).

Also, I'm currently confused quite a lot more than usual but I'm clearly just enjoying your post to the max and probably beating a dead horse with the references.  OK that was the last one.  I promise.

• Haha 2

The Mr. Ed post came right after mine and I had NO idea what it meant except maybe "I'm going to break out the popcorn."  After that thought left me, I tried putting together a search string that would help me find out what it meant but I had no idea where to start....

Hey, look!  We made the topic "Hot!"

Edited by Marc Cormier

The icon used for Mr. Ed made me think he was alluding to fitz being an ***** but then I was like wait, Mr. Ed's a horse - a talking horse!   Oh well, we've all been on both sides of the fence but I am impressed even as a "rep," Pete has professionally maintained patience and remained helpful through it all.

• Like 2

I thought the Mr Ed reference meant that, since Mr Ed can't really speak, he is only mouthing what someone else is saying, that was a reference to Peter just telling us what his higher ups are telling him.

But as you can see, I way over thought that one!!! : )

Single digit taxes? Where? Here in Louisiana it's 10% most places. Well, technically, it's 9.5%. But since there is no half cents, you get charged the full 10% anyway. 

@fitzroy I didn't agree with Peter about Taxes. I was disagreeing with your remark about Peter. Most of us here in the states don't like taxes at all and can totally understand how because of them, something becomes less of a value.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

@Grem, @Fwrend, @Marc Cormier, etc.

Some 20 years ago I stopped being active on a few forums, after thousands of posts and serving as admin on some of them. Apart from becoming too busy for them, I never got to accept/like what they did to so many of their members: grant them a flawed sense of entitlement by virtue of group identity, in what often came across as a twisted popularity contest. Not much has changed. 

To you, Peter might be a great guy. To you, he’s not a troll. Perfect, no one is trying to convince you otherwise. On the flip side, this matters little me; I drew my own conclusions from my own experience with him. What you think of it is equally irrelevant. Again, this is not a popularity contest. 

May the Lord protect all of you from the “aggressive misinformation” I was clouding your judgement with, and shower your DAW with IK Multimedia’s plugins. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1