Playback issue

Michael37

Question

I have connected my airpods and playback won't play through them. Even when I disconnect the airpods and plug in my headphones through the headphone jack, nothing plays. in addition when everything is disconnect and it's set to play through the laptops speakers, it doesn't play through them either.

Laptop operates using windows 10. 

When I load in the Chernobyl demo song, I CAN hear the audio through my airpods which means it's related to the project. This has happened before but I cannot remember what fixed it.

Images attached.

Thank you

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

3 answers to this question

Hi Michael and welcome to the Cakewalk forums.

I suggest changing your Drive Mode to WASAPI shared.  Also, I cannot see where your output for your tracks and Master Bus is pointed to.  Your tracks should be pointed to the Master Bus and the Master bus should point to your desired output device which in your case would be the Airpods.

Make these changes and let us know if you need additional help.

Kind regards,

tecknot

• Like 1

Sorry can you explain a little more please. How do I do the following "...pointed to the Master Bus and the Master bus should point to your desired output device"?  I don't see why changing my drive mode to WASAPI when it work intermittently so maybe the master bus point will fix it permanently.

Apologies, I am new to this software.

Thank you,

Michael

Hi Michael,

The output of your tracks should be sending their signals to the Master Bus.  I suggested using WASAPI driver mode since you're using a Realtek audio card and it would give you better performance than MME mode.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Edited by tecknot