[SOLVED] Waves Q-Clone / Q-Capture in CbB ???

ea7hj

Hi

I have seen many tutorials on Waves Q-Clone / Q-Capture in various DAW, and I am unable to replicate it on CbB.

Any help or a tutorial about it?
Thanks in advance   /Antonio

Edited by ea7hj

Hi Antonio!

I battled with it all night last night, wanting to see what it revealed about my Allen&Heath signal path (and to see what plugins looked like under frequency analysis.

I've only learned how to make it work through my mixer path.  I'd love to eliminate that loop and just check plugins, but haven't figured that out yet.

Anyway, just insert two audio tracks.  Set the input for the first track to be the input channel of your audio interface and set the output to be the output from the DAW to the interface.  This is to create a loop.  Insert Q-Capture there. 

Insert Q-Clone in the effects section of the second track.  It's going to just listen to the first audio track.  Mine works this way.  Not sure how track two hears the loop.  Anyone?

So, on my mixer, the main output of my sound device goes to a stereo channel that, like all the channels of the mixer, has sends that feed the audio interface inputs.  So I engage the sends to route the sound device output (audio channel with Q-Capture feeding the main outs of the audio interface).  This closes the loop, and only one thing remains to see Q-Clone and Q-Capture start to roll.

Click the monitor button on the audio channel.  Things should be rolling now.  You don't have to listen to any sounds for it all to work.

You can do the same loop with a cable, as well, if you don't have a send path setup on your monitoring device for the room speakers or headphones.

I found that my mixer pathway is quite flat, and now know the channel eq characteristics of the board.  Slight rolloff (-2db) at 30 Hz when set flat ...

It was also neat to view the effect of varioius go-to plugins on the eq curve. Just pop any plugin you like above the Q-Capture plugin in the audio channel.  Q-Clone will show the effects of it (pun intended).  I love Trueverb plates for sax and guitar, and found that the plugin does nothing destructive to the frequency base.  Some verb plugins showed dramatic frequency changes even when completely dry.  Odd.

If anyone knows how to set this up so that one just routes the Q-Capture in a loop in just the software, let me know!  Although the graphic plot is very small, it still is good info for a view of what's going on with the base eq state.

Jonas

Edited by Jon White

Hi John White

Thank you very much for the information and for your research work.

I use the same procedure. I have a Roland Rubix-22 interface and for Q-Clone / Q-Capture to be related I have had to connect the input with the output of the interface using a cable.

If you want to have a better image resolution you can use Voxengo SPAN (free) instead of Q-Clone. It has more options of vision and a bigger display.

Best regards  /Antonio