Presonus audiobox i1 and cakewalk- recorded sound off

Simon Young

Question

Hi

I'm not a particularly experienced home recorder/guitarist. I'm currently trying to work on some demos for some guys I'm trying to write some music with. Unfortunately everytime I record the recorded audio seems to have an additional delay before what I've recorded. Whilst monitoring I'm bang on time with metronome/other tracks, its just the actual track that's recorded delayed. With slower things I've been able to trim this delay and pull the track back a little, but its proving harder to do that to good effect with faster/odd time sig things.

I'm using a presonus audiobox i one into cakewalk....

Anyone got any ideas of how to fix?

Edited by Simon Young

1 answer to this question

Hi Simon and welcome to the Cakewalk forums.  I am not familiar with your interface, but I am guessing it has limited options (such as buffer setting, sample rate, etc.).  If this is the case, then your only option, guessing that your already using ASIO driver mode, is to change the Buffer Size in Cakewalk's Preferences under Drive Settings.  You might have to experiment a little until you find a suitable setting.  As I mentioned, using ASIO drive mode is the most reliable, but you could try other modes if your interface allows.

Another thing to consider is plug-ins.  Are you recording with effects?  That may cause some delay (or latency) during recording.  Perhaps recording without plug-ins will make a difference.

Kind regards,

tecknot